Author Topic: third week of august ? it must be...  (Read 6143 times)

pdewolff

third week of august ? it must be...
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:26:53 AM »
Visited Carl this weekend for a wet plate course.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: third week of august ? it must be...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:42:39 AM »
looks like you had Fun!

great stuff

But these week/end threads are getting confusing!  We've had 3 weeks worth of posts in only 10 days now  ??? ;D :)

Just a reminder to all .... it is fine to make a post that does not have the word "week" or "weekend" in the title
 :D

L.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
Cant believe Mari-zu looks so stressed and over worked - must work them harder next time :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:22:51 PM by CarlRadford »

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Bill Spears & Piet de Wolff

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »
Gorgeous, all of the, but my favorite is the last one. Its the eyes. I wish I knew how wet plate makes eyes look so reflective.
mojave

Miller

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
Talking of eyes, here's one from a Harrier jet. Pola 180 + 669
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:38:36 PM by Miller »
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
Is that THE Bill Spears of dead fish print fame??
Lovely wet plates by all. Very nice. Maybe you should give Sally Mann a few tips :-)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:59 PM »
I bow to wet plate master  :o

From my side keep playing with the extension tubes for my Pentax 67. Two portraits from friends. Now whoever comes to my house has to go through my lens  8)

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »
Those are gorgeous portraits Calbisu!! I had no idea what a Pentax 67 was so I looked them. Not too expensive as far as these larger format cameras go. I might have to save up for one, though by the time I get the funds for one the film most li...never mind. I wont say it and jinx it.
mojave

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Looks like it's portrait time! And I have a Holga now! With flash thing. GP3/Rodinal

Godsey's helper

otto k

• ottok photography
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »
Miller, it looks like an alien, cool. :)  All these portraits are wonderful.  Here are a couple from a recent shoot and I'm finally getting to the negatives.  Both with Mamiya 645 Super on Velvia 100.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 03:08:27 AM »
Otto..these are gorgeous..it's like you should be able to touch them! the color is perfect!

Windy

• Sheet Film
  • aka Ian
    • my flickr
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »
My DSLR still remains un-repaired and I have therefore wasted a significant ammount of film recently. On my recent holiday visiting Spain, Wales and England I went armed with a Holga, OM10 and Rollei B35. Still have enough developing and scanning to keep me busy for a few weeks yet. These B&Ws were taken during the long trip south (playing with long exposure and shallow dof to relieve the boredom of a ferry ride and 500mile drive), the colour a night shot of Begur Castle, our destination in Spain Catalonia - sorry Calbisu  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:44:43 PM by Windy »

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »
Nice portraits Calbisu and Andrea seems to know which way is up too :)

Miller

• Sheet Film
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:43 PM »
Otto, like the way you've shot it from reverse. Reminds me of Miles Davis playing with his back to the audience. Bravo...
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:53 PM »
Mr. Windy, you were dangerously close to my home here in Catalonia. I live in L´Escala which is just half an hour away from Begur!  ::)

Windy

• Sheet Film
  • aka Ian
    • my flickr
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »
Mr. Windy, you were dangerously close to my home here in Catalonia. I live in L´Escala which is just half an hour away from Begur!  ::)

Wow, great part of the world to live. My first ever visit to Catalonia. We were very impressed with the area and had a great holiday  :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:34:34 PM by Windy »

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
My small contribution of film wasting this weekend.

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »
My DSLR still remains un-repaired and I have therefore wasted a significant ammount of film recently. On my recent holiday visiting Spain, Wales and England I went armed with a Holga, OM10 and Rollei B35. Still have enough developing and scanning to keep me busy for a few weeks yet. These B&Ws were taken during the long trip south (playing with long exposure and shallow dof to relieve the boredom of a ferry ride and 500mile drive), the colour a night shot of Begur Castle, our destination in Spain Catelonia - sorry Calbisu  ;)
Great shots...
I've spotted a proper coffee maker on the background of your self-portrait... ;)
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Windy

• Sheet Film
  • aka Ian
    • my flickr
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »
Great shots...
I've spotted a proper coffee maker on the background of your self-portrait... ;)

Cheers. The coffee maker is my sons (Alex). We gave it to him last xmas - far more robust in student accomodation than a caftiere. The photo was taken at his girlfriend's flat in Glasgow - stopped there for some sleep to break up an Ullapool to Stafford car journey.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:59:04 PM by Windy »

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 03:29:02 AM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:10:01 AM by hookstrapped »

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
One more.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:15:45 AM by hookstrapped »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 01:25:01 AM »
Hookstrapped: I agree....that last one is lovely.

Windy: Don't engage Sapata in coffee talk...we'll be here all day  :D For the record, I have exactly the same coffee maker in my kitchen, along with a metal cafetiere which is plenty robust enough for most uses.

Now, I like coffee so much I usually give my photos a bath in it, but the colour on these two 9and others I took in the same session) impressed me so much that I held back on the coffee. I therefore present to you, for the first time in ages....some un-stianed Polaroid prints.

Amy & Joe at Northcott Mouth, Cornwall. Polaroid Land Camera + expired 125i film.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 02:17:09 AM »
Hookstrapped: I agree....that last one is lovely.

Windy: Don't engage Sapata in coffee talk...we'll be here all day  :D For the record, I have exactly the same coffee maker in my kitchen, along with a metal cafetiere which is plenty robust enough for most uses.

Now, I like coffee so much I usually give my photos a bath in it, but the colour on these two 9and others I took in the same session) impressed me so much that I held back on the coffee. I therefore present to you, for the first time in ages....some un-stianed Polaroid prints.

Amy & Joe at Northcott Mouth, Cornwall. Polaroid Land Camera + expired 125i film.

I love the second one.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
my first attempt at panarama pinhole..thanks (again) to Randy Smith at Holgamods turning a couple of funny tins into a panarama camera for me..F261..using shanghai
film..almost threw it in the trash and then took a second look and decided to scan...

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 12:27:11 PM »
Fantastic Wetplates!!
Calbisu - I just love your Pentax-portraits! 
And Ed - blow me over with a feather.  I feel dizzy with envy by the compositions, colors and sense of captured carefree childhoodness :)

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
And speaking about color - otto k - your sunflower!  The vibrant color and the bleary depth of field  - wow, wow, wow.

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »
I also have one of those coffee makers,  same brand....i take my camping becuase as was stated, its robust!

Great shots...

Cheers. The coffee maker is my sons (Alex). We gave it to him last xmas - far more robust in student accomodation than a caftiere. The photo was taken at his girlfriend's flat in Glasgow - stopped there for some sleep to break up an Ullapool to Stafford car journey.

salvo

• salvo toscano
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:37 PM »
I also have one of those coffee makers,  same brand....i take my camping becuase as was stated, its robust!

ah, the legendary caffettiera Bialetti!

realised I haven't been much present around here of lately (i've got plenty of excuses  :) )
here some efforts from the past few days, from a project I've been working for several months now with portraits of people involved with the local community in different aspects, in these instances people in visual arts, music and theatre. OK, back to hiding now.