Author Topic: Back wasting film  (Read 10138 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Back wasting film
« on: February 20, 2006, 02:53:04 PM »
Team, I've been really quiet recently with regard to taking photos, but I finally managed to get to the lab to pick up one sheet oif negs and drop off two more films for processing. Hope to pick 'em up on my way home. That will give me 3 rolls to scan for February's Grabs section....let's see if I can up my usual ratio of 1 acceptable snap per roll.  ;D

How's everyone else been doing recently? Shooting a lot?

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
Re: Back wasting film
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 05:15:20 PM »
Team, I've been really quiet recently with regard to taking photos, but I finally managed to get to the lab to pick up one sheet oif negs and drop off two more films for processing. Hope to pick 'em up on my way home. That will give me 3 rolls to scan for February's Grabs section....let's see if I can up my usual ratio of 1 acceptable snap per roll.  ;D

How's everyone else been doing recently? Shooting a lot?

look forward to seeing the latest Ed.

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 06:39:07 PM »
good to hear your back in the saddle,   its about bloomin time!   

I have tried to pick it up a notch lately, i have a bit of stuff ready for feb, a roll to process tonight and working through another roll.
Nearly run out of 120 film though -until wenn gets enough time to organise a parcel (thats not a hint either!) i have plenty of 35mm to be getting on with,

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 07:21:01 PM »
my photo taking has been a bit slow recently - well, very slow infact.  the weather has been stupidly grey and miserable so no outdoor shots that I've fancied taking.  INdoors, I need some close up filters or something, my lenses have too far away minimum focus to get any good shots - I do miss the SL66 as that had bellows, but it went kapputt, so that was that. Now darkroom printng, that's another matter - lots of that going on.
L.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:55:31 PM »
Good to see you're getting our Christmas prints ready early this year Druid. Nice!! ;D

outofcontxt

• Peel Apart
  • More blur. Less filling.
    • Bill Vaccaro Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
Got about 13 rolls to develop myself, 8 from a Wednesday morning shoot alone since I was taking advantage of a rare relatively sunny day. Can't wait to see what you've got in store, Ed. Hope the construction project is going well and on schedule.
"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic hatreds."
  --- George Carlin

more crappiness at http://www.outofcontxt.com and http://billvaccaro.com

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:45:08 AM »
Bill, I'll assume you're just being friendly and not deliberately rubbing my nose in it  ::) My house is a bombsite, we're already over-budget and behind on time...but did we expect anything different. Heck no.  :-\

outofcontxt

• Peel Apart
  • More blur. Less filling.
    • Bill Vaccaro Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 01:43:48 PM »
Nah. No nose rubbing. I leave that for eskimos. Just experimenting with a few cameras on a morning off in a forest preserve. Got lucky that day as it was sinfully sunny. Lately, I consider myself fortunate if I can get a roll completed in a week or two. This winter's been getting to me...  :'(
"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic hatreds."
  --- George Carlin

more crappiness at http://www.outofcontxt.com and http://billvaccaro.com

sparx

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 09:50:03 AM »
After months of camera neglect I attended a workshop this weekend on 'the theme of childhood'. Now have films to develop from the holga, the mamiya and the OM40. The blog might even get updated for the second time this year!