Author Topic: What came in the post today  (Read 5609 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
What came in the post today
« on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »
Here's what I got in the post this morning.

Definitely what comes under the term 'job lot'.

I bought them mainly for this

but there's a couple of others of interest including the Konica Recorder I mentioned elsewhere and this

which is a half frame camera made by Mamiya called a Myrapid. It uses an Agfa cassette system I've never seen before but, fortunately, it came with a film in it and the cassette looks like it's reloadable.

Should all keep me busy for a while.

This also explains my questions about 110 film processing.

Update...

The Myrapid has been stripped and cleaned and lubed. New light seals fitted and appears to be working except I'm sure the meter is off by some way. Maybe some results soon.

The Auto Half is all cleaned up and also seems to be working. Just waiting for some new light seals to come from aki-asahi and maybe some results from that too.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:57:19 PM by Peter R »
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
Re: What came in the post today
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
The Konica is a beauty...
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
I assume you mean the Recorder but, just for a minute, I thought you meant the Aiborg so I quickly loaded a battery in it to check it was working, which it seems to be, and I was going to offer it to you or free as I couldn't believe anyone would actually like it... Ah well.

If by chance, you do mean the Aiborg, it's yours.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 02:59:23 PM »
Nice set! Love those waterproof 110s!

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:14 AM »
I assume you mean the Recorder but, just for a minute, I thought you meant the Aiborg so I quickly loaded a battery in it to check it was working, which it seems to be, and I was going to offer it to you or free as I couldn't believe anyone would actually like it... Ah well.

If by chance, you do mean the Aiborg, it's yours.
God... I'm getting crazy ! I  meant the Ricoh... why did I say Konica I don't know...anyways, the RICOH is pretty cool ! Thanks for the offer anyway ;)
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »
i thought the myrapid was a pen at first. what is that camera above the yellow 110 cameras?

william

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
what is that camera above the yellow 110 cameras?

That's a Regula Olymatic IA. It's an auto/manual exposure 35mm camera. It has the feel of a Diana or similar but is higher spec. It has a selenium meter (which doesn't appear to be working) for auto exposure but also has a number of fixed combinations of aperture and shutter speed that can be selected manually. including a B setting. Focus is by scale and/or symbol. It has a lever wind on and a 45mm f/2.8 lens. This one seems to work except for the meter - just needs a clean up.

Have I sold it to you?

If you (or anyone else) wants it, it's up for grabs. Just pay the postage.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
Hi Peter..and if no one has spoken for that camera yet..i would love adding it to my collection..like i need another camera..let me know!

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »
Hi Diane,

I guess it's yours then.

I'll pm you with postage costs.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 05:36:25 PM »
thank you Peter!

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:51:11 PM »
I think I'm going to make some more of these available to anyone who wants them as I've had what I want from the lot and I can't see me doing anything with the rest. So here's what there is...

Agfamatic 2008 (bottom right of picture with red button). 110 film. Two lens settings (tele/normal). Uses a push/pull action to wind film. Appears to work. With a case.

Samsung AF-SLIM (the white one with gold trim second up on left). Fully automatic. 35mm film. 35mm f/3.5 lens. Needs 3V lithium battery. All works. I've nicked the white neck strap off it.

Konica Recorder (bottom left). Half frame 35mm. A few knocks on it but all appears to work. Needs 2x AA batteries.

Minolta AF-C (top left). Not tested. Needs two batteries of unknown type. Flash attached but battery door of flash missing. 35mm f/2.8 lens. (I think this one is dead in the water but if anyone wants it they can have it).

2x Minolta Weathermatic A underwater cameras (the yellow things). 110 film. One seems to work but the shutter on the other looks like it's not opening. One case and a couple of straps.

2x Konica A4 (2nd and 3rd down on the left). One seems to work but not the other. Needs 3V lithium battery. Fully automatic 35mm. 35mm f/3.5 lens.

Konica Aiborg (top right). A design classic of the future or an absolute monstrosity - take your pick. All seems to work but you need a degree (or a manual) to figure it all out. Needs a 2CR5 battery. 35-105 lens.

Minolta Riva Zoom 105i (top middle). Another monstrosity. Not fully working, LCD is blank. Needs 2CR5 battery.

No guarantees on any of the above. If anyone's interested, let me know. All free of course. Just pay the postage.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »
The Minolta AF-C takes the following
Battery : 2 x 3 v lithium CR 1/3N or 4 x 1,5 v LR44

I have written a small review in the Articles section a while back.

Here is a small description I have in my database:
Minolta AF-C is absolutely one of the most advanced classic compact cameras. It is small and quiet and it has a very sharp semi-wide
lens as well an automatic focusing. The only weak point could be the absence of motor drive.

The Flash unit has a special attachment on the left side of the camera. Therefore you can not see any particular hot shoe.

Specifications :

Lens : Minolta 35 mm f/2.8 (a slide lens cover)
Rangefinder : Auto focus which can be locked
Viewfinder : Bright frame
Exposure meter : Cds-cell (ISO 25-400)
Shutter: Programmed, electronic leaf shutter.
Film transfer : Manual, with a wheel
Film rewind : Manual, with a lever
Battery : 2 x 3 v lithium CR 1/3N or 4 x 1,5 v LR44
Size/Weight : 43x68x105 mm / 220 g (without flash)

Note: If shutter fails to trigger and camera locks up, open bottom plate by removing 4 black screws (take note of where they fit) and slide mechanism related to the cog on
the winder side. Then, trip shutter properly.

The cog moves a metal lever which pulls on a tab with a bent finger that goes deep inside the camera. Sometimes, winding will not pull the finger and thus doesn't cock the shutter. There is no way to advance the film anymore and no way to trip the uncocked shutter.

In this camera, all the important servicable parts seem to be on the bottom.

No part requires lubrication.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
Thanks for that Francois

I do have a couple of CR1/3N in the drawer so I'll give it a go. The winding mechanism seemed jammed as well so maybe I'll try what you suggest.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
If the camera was cranked without batteries, the shutter will be locked. Batteries are required for it to release. If it just won't go with batteries in, then you need to open up the bottom plate.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
And here's what the postman brought me!

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 07:04:42 AM »
nice! which pen is it?

william

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 08:03:33 AM »
nice! which pen is it?

william

An EE-2

Where do I put the ink?

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 08:07:50 AM »
ha ha!

i think the E-2 is very similiar to the EE-3 that i have.

william

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 08:49:08 AM »
And here's what the postman brought me!

Welcome to the half-frame club Chops.

Is it working OK? Maybe just a reflection but it looks like the shutter isn't fully closed.

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:18 AM »
Welcome to the half-frame club Chops.

Is it working OK? Maybe just a reflection but it looks like the shutter isn't fully closed.

First snaps...

The first couple look like a circular thing giving directions (to those people) and then a circular thing giving directional advice (to cars)?  Very deep and meaningful I'm sure! 

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:03:55 AM by choppert »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:06 AM »
looks like it's working fine to me
L.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »
looks like it's working fine to me

Sure does.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »
what came in my mail today?  A great camera from Peter..got here really quickley! Thank you again Peter!

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »
what came in my mail today?  A great camera from Peter..got here really quickley! Thank you again Peter!

Glad it arrived OK Diane. Hope you have fun with it.