Author Topic: A good day  (Read 1604 times)

adso

• 35mm
A good day
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »
Picked up a fairly pristine No. 2 Brownie on the auction site a few weeks ago. It arrives in the mail and as is typical with the older Brownies, needs a bit of fiddling to get it to open up. I get the cartridge out and out of it falls an unopened box of 120 Verichrome Pan, expiration date..... November 1953.

It was like a really cool box of Cracker Jacks. Guess that makes up for the cracked macro filter I got a few months ago.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: A good day
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »
wicked!  Verichrome was meant to be a lovely film - not that I've ever used it or anything. A nice find indeed
L.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »
I love it when stuff like this happens, albeit usually the film is exposed already. Best time it happened to me was when I got hold of my Mum's old Brownie (last used in the mid 50's) and found a partially exposed roll of Verichrome (I think). I got it developed and found some very degraded, almost ghostly snaps of my grandparents (both dead by then) that my mother had taken when she was a kid. Very strange experience for both of us.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

edthened

• Peel Apart
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/edthened/
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »
Och very, very ghostly !!
A Man's a Man for a' that
Robert Burns