Author Topic: Need ND Filter for Sx-70 to take 600 film  (Read 2101 times)

seekingfocus

• Peel Apart
  • chronic reciprocity failure.
    • Reciprocity Images
Need ND Filter for Sx-70 to take 600 film
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:08:54 AM »
Anyone have an extra ND filter for an SX-70 to take 600 film? Would prefer one of the ones that slide in with the film pack rather than the one that goes on the front of the lens.

Can offer $$, but would prefer to trade a print or two if that catches anyone's fancy.

Also, is it better to remove the ND filter from in front of the photocell, or should it be left in place assuming I have 2-stop filter in front of the film pack?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:11:49 AM by seekingfocus »

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
Re: Need ND Filter for Sx-70 to take 600 film
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:47:21 AM »
If you use a filter you need to keep the filter over the eye, at least that is my understanding. I just use normal 600 film with the filter removed from the eye and set to darken. It works well in lower light, not so well for full sun.
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

seekingfocus

• Peel Apart
    • Reciprocity Images
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
Does ANYONE have any info on where to source one or two of these filters???

I think I would like to find the flat ones that slide in with the film packs, but have so far been unable to locate them- or possibly, I just don't know what the %^$# I'm looking for! Is there some 'standard' type square drop-in type ND filter that I can buy from Adorama, B&H, Freestyle, or the like? I have been searching "Polaroid ND Filter", but have the inkling that there is just a particular size and strength (2-stops?) filter I should look for, rather than one specifically branded for Polarod SX-70, etc.

ANY help appreciated!

Thanks all,
Jason

edthened

• Peel Apart
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/edthened/
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »
Och try heer http://tinyurl.com/4whz9p
A bit iffie but worth a try !!
A Man's a Man for a' that
Robert Burns

kuru

• camera addict
    • serpent factory
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »
Does ANYONE have any info on where to source one or two of these filters???

I think I would like to find the flat ones that slide in with the film packs, but have so far been unable to locate them- or possibly, I just don't know what the %^$# I'm looking for! Is there some 'standard' type square drop-in type ND filter that I can buy from Adorama, B&H, Freestyle, or the like? I have been searching "Polaroid ND Filter", but have the inkling that there is just a particular size and strength (2-stops?) filter I should look for, rather than one specifically branded for Polarod SX-70, etc.

ANY help appreciated!

Thanks all,
Jason

Jason,

I've got some of the ND filters from Blend packs somewhere in the house. They work well with 600 in my SX-70s. I can send some your way if you like.
Kevin Pointer
serpent factory

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 12:17:38 AM »
Jason
If you are still looking for one I think I have a spare one that sticks over the lens....works fine for me....makes the focussing trickier because it's dark but I have managed ok. Let me know if you want it....I shall attempt to find!

Phil

seekingfocus

• Peel Apart
    • Reciprocity Images
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 03:40:21 AM »
Hey Phil!

It's been so long, friend- hope you are well!

Thanks for the offer, but I am taken care of thanks to another very kind filmwaster!

Finally shooting 600 with the sx-70 and loving it... will attach some recent snaps.

Love and light,
Jason

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »
No worries Jason, the important thing is that you are sorted. Love the shots....great colour.