Author Topic: Heard from Warren Harold in Houston  (Read 1839 times)

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
Heard from Warren Harold in Houston
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:52:15 PM »
Hey guys,
I exchanged voice mail messages with Warren. He wanted me to tell you he's okay, but the house has some damage. He hopes to get power back soon. Just wanted to let everyone know since Laura asked in another post.

warren

• Currently distracted.
    • That...was my foot.
Re: Heard from Warren Harold in Houston
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:33:37 AM »
Hey gang. Taking advantage of the power before it goes out again. I've heard enough transformers pop for my liking. Fam and I are safe and sound with some water damage to our kitchen. Luckily we had a Canadian air mass save our asses Sunday night with night temps down in the 70s so camping out in our living room wasn't so bad the past two nights. Saturday night however was a sweat lodge. We went through that a month ago with the AC out so hopefully we won't make this a habit. Lots of limbs and debris in our area, and from what I understand we narrowly dodged a small tornado that touched down on our street.

Laura I'm glad you made it through okay, and I hope anyone else in the area is faring well also.

Becky, does your family live in Deer Park? We're living in the Clear Lake area (southernmost Harris County) but my brother just built a house in Deer Park. They had a helluva night and are still without power but from what I've seen, that area has done relatively well. La Porte however did not. I believe they were the northernmost area of restricted access.

Anyway, we're counting our blessings and moving on. Hoping to be back up and running fully by the end of the week.

Take care everyone.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:26:32 AM »
I have no television at home but was able to catch some of the coverage at work. Huge...and devastating. We even caught some of it up here in western Pa. with strong winds and zero power for several hours. Some of Ohio are still without it though. Bizarre how that thing whipped around like it did.

Best to Warren, Laura, and all living down stairs....
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:16:29 AM »
Good news, Warren (relatively!) - I'm so glad the family's safe and the house is still standing. You guys get big weather over there in the US at times...we rarely get troubled by anything quite as extreme here in the UK.

david b

• Peel Apart
    • Stray Light Foto
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:23:50 AM »
...we rarely get troubled by anything quite as extreme here in the UK.

There's some fierce drizzle here in Manchester...

Ailsa

• Peel Apart
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
...we rarely get troubled by anything quite as extreme here in the UK.

There's some fierce drizzle here in Manchester...

And there's a bit of a nip in the air down Brighton way.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »
There was also more rain and wind in Montreal... the hurricane actually gave us another rainy day... actually felt like Scotland without kilts and haggis.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.