Author Topic: Re: What ya shoot this weekend - Part The Deux.  (Read 6010 times)

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
Re: What ya shoot this weekend - Part The Deux.
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:04:46 PM »
Amazing work as always above. The standard of work shown here is so damn high..really need to be more confident in showing stuff...perhaps more to follow.
Just got back from Crete so have been scanning like crazy since the weekend! Decided to have an almost exclusively colour holiday which was kinda nice. These are the only ones processed yet...2 taken in an abandoned hotel that I have been revisiting on each trip. The other a parting shot on the evening that I left.

All Taken on the Hasselblad SWC on colour Neg.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

rolo

• What comes out gray is really red.
    • rolopix!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:50:42 PM »
Damn!  Some people get scanning in a hurry.  I'm always so far behind.  Here are a few from last weekend's wanderings:

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

okayku

• a set of postcards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
Great stuff guys!

Terrorkitten,  I'm really loving shot no. 3, it has almost a cinematic feel to it and brings a whole new light to a pretty ordinary subject

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:51:57 PM »
This past saturday(19th) i did lots of photoing with the 4x5 (handheld!)
The high up pictures were taken at the top of a church tower in buffeting winds (wahh, too scary) of the local college being demolished. It'll be rebuilt over the next few years. I suspect none of the remaining buildings will be there still by this coming Saturday at the current rate of destruction.
The other picture is of a friend massaging someone's knee (they had knee pain, okay?), handheld, superslow 1/5thsec, f/8 with the 4x5 camera.
They're just crappy scans (just throw on the flatbed scanner, no proper film scanning here for 4x5).

Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 11:28:29 PM »
All Taken on the Hasselblad SWC on colour Neg.

Those first two are something special. Something I think you could explore further, if you're not already doing so... Nice.

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 11:40:44 PM »
Thanks to Susans tip about the new Time Zero film, I played around this weekend with a few manips. Like this one the best. The original colors are a little more muted. Autoexposure on the scanner brought it more to life.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:46:27 PM »
Skorj, funny you should say that......it was on my mind this trip with some limited success.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
some great stuff here yet again.  This thread is getting long .... takes a while for the pictures to load. perhaps we should start a new one with all the pictures we make next weekend

[Done! Skj]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 01:01:47 PM by Skorj »
L.

al

• Peel Apart
    • matchboxpinhole.com
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »
some great stuff here yet again.  This thread is getting long .... takes a while for the pictures to load. perhaps we should start a new one with all the pictures we make next weekend

Or how about a new thread "What ya shoot this weekend a year ago" for those of us who have got a little behind with developing/scanning?  :-[

tijeras

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »
Spent some time at the local Rodeo Arena watching the Bullriders.
Holga with HP5

rdbkorn

• Error-Prone
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »
A couple of kallitype prints done on the weekend for the print circle/exchange thingy.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 04:45:45 PM »
Part doo? Very good everyone and keep them coming. A couple from me left over that I got back yesterday. Some Holga shots from the same day shoot (previous) with odds and ends. Including one I funked up....

Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: What ya shoot this weekend - Part Deux.
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »
Not to sound like a party pooper but the title should spell "Part Deux"... the "the" word is not necessary...

As for me, I finally got to scan a few prints. We've been having such lousy weather these days that all I've had a chance to put on film are flowers from my garden.
We've been having over a month of dull gray skies with monsoon-like storms nearly every night...

Shot with: Nikon F-601, extension tubes, Nikkor 28-70mm f/4.5 and expired grocery store film.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 11:13:03 PM by Francois »
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
Re: What ya shoot this weekend - Part Deux.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 01:39:33 AM »
Not to sound like a party pooper but the title should spell "Part Deux"... the "the" word is not necessary...

I think Leon might have been under the influence of a Hot Totty. Sort of like I am right now...

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 09:34:30 AM »
nothing to do with me - ma francais c'est formidable ( ??? :-X)

I did get a B in my final school exams (GCSEs)  - but that was a long long time ago. I tend towards Frenglish these days.

Mange Tout

Leon
L.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 10:30:30 AM »
Mange Tout? It is just too early to be laughing already. I had four years of Espanol and only managed to learn two words. Taco Bell...

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »
doo...

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »
i think arizona holds the record for the most roadside dinos...

"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 01:03:13 AM »
I like this series from you Moo. The first two frames are a hit. It sort of looks like the old fossil they just found in Japan. And I don't mean Skj either. I would be fussing over what angle to shoot these had I been there. That is why I am not and you are. Good stuff again...

I pulled some 600 through the SX70 with the tiny ND filter. I can't remember what I used but it seemed to have worked. So far. I went back and re-shot something I took before just to see...and for the square. Now I am like fixated on 600 again. Drats. I feel the need to go and do something totally different. Uh, yea...

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »
Still fighting with the scanning both home and away. I guess I ought to stop shooting until I catch up! Anyway a few of the latest off of the scanner!

The first two are from my daily wander around bath with the Holga from the loosly titled 'Old People Shot From The Hip' series then two from Crete one Holga and one Hasselblad SWC

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:25:16 AM by terrorkitten »

otto k

• ottok photography
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 04:05:10 AM »
Great stuff, everyone.  On that second one, Phil, she looks like she just smelled something bad. :)

I played around in the darkroom with exposing a print to light after it's been in the lith developer, but before it was put in the stop bath and fixer.  This is something that I had been wanting to try ever since I saw some lith prints in the trash exposed to the light before they had been fixed.  Initially they took on purple tones in the light, but the purple turned to butterscotch in the fixer.  I still want to play around with this some more.

The second print is a tea-stained print.  I had a hard time getting the scan to exactly match the tone of the actual print, but it's close.

okayku

• a set of postcards
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 05:46:06 AM »
Ottok...wow, just wow  :o really nice