Author Topic: Suggestion for the Filmwaster Five?  (Read 6142 times)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
Suggestion for the Filmwaster Five?
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:23:59 PM »
The Famous Five,

How about some more blog type entries from you? I feel it'd be nice to hear what you are up to, what the plans are, what you are trying to get to grips with etc. I appreciate that you are all busy but I am sure others would be interested to know what is going on at this time, what is inspiring you and what is pi**ing you off too :)

All the best, Carl

FrankB

Re: Suggestion for the Filmwaster Five?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:02:11 PM »
I must admit, I'd read it!

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »
you make a great point Carl ... things have been pretty quiet here lately, something I'm keen to sort out, but work and real life has been getting in the way of late.  I've just bought a Horsley Camera Works 5x7 pinhole so I'll be putting up a review of that on my blog once I can afford to buy some film for it (next week hopefully).

It would be good to hear some thoughts on what other people think we can do to spice up the forum and other parts of the site.  We need to make this place something other than the usual forums we all visit - suggestions please!

L.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
I've just bought a Horsley Camera Works 5x7 pinhole so I'll be putting up a review of that on my blog once I can afford to buy some film for it (next week hopefully).

Ilford do a nice range of film Leon - FP4+ is the choice and damn the reciprocity failure:)

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 06:11:58 AM »
How about some more blog type entries from you?

A few times now, I've been asked to both increase the number and the size of my camera reviews for the Neko Tech section (under 'Technical' in the blog), but like Leon and the rest of us, finding the time is the hard part. Usual bleat, sorry.

I will however try and do both.

Happy too of course to take suggestions on topics that may interest as well (Polaroid film types and how to exploit them, hard-case Polaroid construction details, street photography in Tokyo, are all requested subjects)...

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 08:57:32 AM »
Carl, your support (as well as your fine photography) is most appreciated. Many thanks for the nudge. I'm desperate to get more involved in FW, but am currently being prevented by a lack of online time and the fact that I'm not living at home at the moment and have no access to my own scanner/PC etc. We moved out in January while some builders smashed up our house and then charged us to put it back together again in a different configuration  ??? :) The end is drawing closer and we're now hoping to be back home sometime before the end of June, but those 5 months away will pretty much have coincided with the first 5 months of FW and this fine forum.

Usually I like to get involved and help shake things up a bit, but it's been very, very hard recently to get the time. On the positive side I did manage to contribute to the recent 'Contrasts' collab (the gallery for that should be up very soon) and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I pwomise to be a more active Waster in the 2nd half of 2006.

Thanks again for the gee-up.

Dave_M

• drinking the fixer...
    • Offwhite
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »
We moved out in January while some builders smashed up our house and then charged us to put it back together again in a different configuration

:D Spoken like a true IT techie.

I have used the phrase "we are having a lawn installed" before. :)

FrankB

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:14:22 PM »
Yeah, but debugging it was a bitch!  ;D

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »
I have a suggestion...instead of the subject/topic board itself stretching far and beyond and having to scroll for days...how about extending it over to a new page. Say, the first page with 100 topics, then on over to page 2 for the next 100...and so on. Eh?

I read everything here all the time and make the necessary comments in the blog area as well. Good stuff. Handy. I really like this months feature photo with Damion's wife...who looks like a cross between Cher and Shelly Duvall. Pretty gal and great photograph...
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 12:10:57 AM »
I have a suggestion...instead of the subject/topic board itself stretching far and beyond and having to scroll for days...how about extending it over to a new page. Say, the first page with 100 topics, then on over to page 2 for the next 100...and so on. Eh?

I read everything here all the time and make the necessary comments in the blog area as well. Good stuff. Handy. I really like this months feature photo with Damion's wife...who looks like a cross between Cher and Shelly Duvall. Pretty gal and great photograph...

Beck, I'll change the board to something sensible and then a new page. I think it was supposed to be 100 or something, but maybe I didn't implement that feature after all. Thanks for the comment. Really appreciate it.

Yeah, I love that photo of Kelly too. Apparently she doesn't (you girls!!), but what the hell. I rule the homepage, so it was my choice!!!
 :P ;D

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 12:49:23 AM »
Beck, the forum now displays 75 topics per page and 100 posts per topic per page.

At your service M'Lady.

:-*

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 02:59:35 AM »
Is that a cold sore on your mouf? Get it fixed. 

Wow, you're fast. Very cool and thanks. You know Ed, every time I look at my Diana box, that baby reminds me of your Amy. I think that's cute. Maybe it's been said before.

Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 12:24:23 AM »
Beck, thanks for the illustration, but I'm disturbed by one thing; is the Diana baby eating her own hand?

• "Cannibal Child From Plastic Hell"
  • "She Chewed Off Her Own Trigger Finger"
  • "Home Alone....No Food In The Fridge"

etc. etc.  ;D

Also, Amy doesn't yet have the proto James Dean quiff thing going on. Are you sure this ain't a snap of a young kd Lang?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:26:52 AM by ed.wenn »