Author Topic: Weekend - September 13, 14 & 15, 2024  (Read 180 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Weekend - September 13, 14 & 15, 2024
« on: September 13, 2024, 05:46:16 PM »
Last weekend I shared some photos shot with my Ricoh Diacord L.  There were some serious frame spacing issues at the beginning of that roll, half the photo overlapped with the next photo.  The last half of the roll was fine.  At first I thought it was a mechanical issue that would require taking the camera apart.  Looking in the film chamber I noticed that the spring tongues that press against the film roll in both the feed and take-up, were not touching the reel or barely touching.  It's just a thin piece of spring metal so I bent it against the reel better and that seems to have fixed the problem.  The film coming loose on the reels allowed for slack that messed up the spacing.  I also held the film taught on both reels as much as I could while loading it.  The film I shot last week was Fujifilm Acros which has very slippery backing paper, that may have contributed to the problem as well.  I have seen where others have had frame spacing issues with this camera so this may be a common problem.  Otherwise it's a great camera. 

Ricoh Diacord L with Fomapan 100 developed in beer. 

Weeping Willow by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Ducks on the Sammamish River by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Dodge W Series Truck by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend - September 13, 14 & 15, 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 01:12:43 PM »
It's great when things are an straightforward fix Bryan and those are mega sharp now
Mine are from the last bank holiday in August when I went to Brighton for the Mod rally. I thought it would be on the Bank holiday Monday but it was actually on the Saturday and Sunday ::) but thankfully there were some guys still left
This group of friends were called the Longe Lizards and they were down from Birmingham.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2024, 02:17:11 PM »
Very nice shots Bryan, the Diacord lenses are among the best TLR lenses out there. I was close to buying a Diacord in good working order earlier this year for $200, but I decided to save the money for an extra lens for my Mamiya C220.
Two more woodland shots from me, shot on a sunny evening in June.

Contax II / Zeiss Sonnar 1.5/50 / Rollei Retro 400S @200 ISO in Rodinal
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2024, 03:49:48 PM »
It's great when things are an straightforward fix Bryan and those are mega sharp now
Mine are from the last bank holiday in August when I went to Brighton for the Mod rally. I thought it would be on the Bank holiday Monday but it was actually on the Saturday and Sunday ::) but thankfully there were some guys still left
This group of friends were called the Longe Lizards and they were down from Birmingham.
I love how they modify those scooters, reminds me of Quadrophenia.  I need to re-watch that movie, I have the album but haven’t watched the movie since the 1980’s.

Very nice shots Bryan, the Diacord lenses are among the best TLR lenses out there. I was close to buying a Diacord in good working order earlier this year for $200, but I decided to save the money for an extra lens for my Mamiya C220.
Two more woodland shots from me, shot on a sunny evening in June.

Contax II / Zeiss Sonnar 1.5/50 / Rollei Retro 400S @200 ISO in Rodinal
Thanks Kai, I bought it several years ago for $55, now the Ricoh and Minolta TLR’s are getting a lot more respect, they deserve it.  If you have a Mamiya it totally makes sense to have more than just one lens.  Nice woodland shots!

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2024, 05:23:38 PM »
I don't know if I like looking at the photos or reading about the cameras used to make them on these weekend threads the best.
It's a hard choice since I love gear!

Mine's a shot from Central Ave. (Old Route 66) here in Albuquerque made with a Spotmatic 500 and Takumar f/1.8 lens with Arista dunked in caffenol.
Every time I use the Spotmatic, I wonder why I use anything else. It sits well in hand and just works! The shutter and mirror clunks nicely in an affirmative industrial way. I love it!

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2024, 05:51:53 PM »
Every time I use the Spotmatic, I wonder why I use anything else. It sits well in hand and just works! The shutter and mirror clunks nicely in an affirmative industrial way. I love it!

I get the same feeling whenever I use my Canonet (the first film camera I bought when I "returned" to film photography) or even when I play my 1986 Bach trumpet (the first professional trumpet my parents got me when I was in high school). Although right now the Canonet's meter is broken and I'm delaying sending it in to get a CLA, so I guess that's why I have other cameras 😂