Author Topic: what no w/end thread yet 25/01/20  (Read 972 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
what no w/end thread yet 25/01/20
« on: January 25, 2020, 02:12:56 PM »
So surprised to see no weekend thread so here is my offering of some 6x9 pinholes from my multi format NOON camera with some FP4

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Re: what no w/end thread yet 25/01/20
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 03:00:11 PM »
Participation in the weekend threads seems to be down from what I remember.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 03:42:08 PM »
Participation in the weekend threads seems to be down from what I remember.

The weekend thread is motivation for me to get out and shoot but I’ve been too busy with life and work lately.  Plus the weather hasn't been cooperating with my schedule in the PNW.  That’s about to change, I’ll get out some this weekend and hopefully have something for next weekend.

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 04:06:25 PM »
A 5x4 from me - FP4+ in an Intrepid Mk 3, developed in HC110

Whitburn, South Tyneside
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »
Participation might be low, but the quality seems to be good as usual.  :P

KMZ Mir / Industar 50 50mm f3.5 / Fuji Acros @400ISO in HC-110
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »
I partially blame myself for the low participation ... I haven't posted here in months :D But here I am, with a lesson to you all in 120 film etiquette ... If, let's say, you leave the lens cap on for the first few shots on a 120 roll, OR, maybe the frame markers are so faint, and the room you're in is so dark, that you don't see the "1" and eventually end up at "3" without having shot a single image ... here are two things NOT to do:

1. Create a makeshift dark bag by sticking your hands and the camera into your camera bag and proceed to open up the camera and rewind the film so that you can start over again.
2. Advance the film all the way, pull it out of the camera, flip it around, and start shooting as if it were a fresh roll of 120.

Method 1 will obviously give you light leaks and fog galore, and method 2 will crumple up the film on the takeup spool because of course there's no tape on the fag end of the roll (which is now the beginning of the upside down/backwards roll). Here I present to you photographic evidence of the latter ;D

Shot on my Holga WPC. Left frame somewhere outside Grand Central Station, right frame inside Grand Central Station :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 07:05:51 PM by Indofunk »

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 07:26:08 PM »
But here I am, with a lesson to you all in 120 film etiquette ... If, let's say, you leave the lens cap

Even your total screw-ups look good.

:-)

P.S.
A little bird - a Miguel shaped bird - told me you were playing in Philly last weekend while I was in NYC seeing David Byrne make his magic happen. We keep missing each other!

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 07:37:27 PM »
Happy weekend all,

Here is a trio from a photo walk a few weeks ago with Miguel and another film dude (who needs to be converted into a proper Filmwaster)  named Zack.

Plaubel Makina 670/Provia100

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 09:28:13 PM »
1. Create a makeshift dark bag by sticking your hands and the camera into your camera bag and proceed to open up the camera and rewind the film so that you can start over again.
I've actually been know to take off my winter jacket and use it as a dark bag. If you keep the collar and the bottom folded under the jacket, you can get decent enough darkness to rewind film.
Also a restaurant bathroom with no windows can double as a darkroom if you turn your back to the door and work close to you. Just make sure there isn't a motion detector on the switch  ::)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

EarlJam

• Sheet Film
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
A shot of the former and current City Halls, with a new-to-me Pentax-M 35/2.8. Also, my first roll of Kentmere 100 which, for the price, I quite like the results.

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 03:17:46 AM »
Walking around O Porto last Friday.

Olympus OM2, 35mm Zuiko lens, Fomapan 100, RO9 1:100, 18 minutes, 1 minute continuous agitation followed by 3 inversions every 3 minutes.

Porto, Portugal by William Blackstone, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville