Author Topic: ive used my holga...for the first time in ages!!!  (Read 1600 times)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
ive used my holga...for the first time in ages!!!
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »
taking pictures of friends band-decided id rock the holga with a vivitar 283 flash thing.

I admit these wont set the world alight but overall i was quite pleased with the results -although was a logistical nightmare to hold camera, flash, a thing to bounce flash off and trip the shutter. 

Also something in my holga is scratching the negs...very annoying -i remebered this from last time so plastered the inside with tape...still getting a big line across them all just over halfway down!  (digitally removed here)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
Re: ive used my holga...for the first time in ages!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:32:43 PM »
I like these very much, I have just started using a bit of flash with my holga.....awaiting the results! The scratches are a pain in the ass....I hate stuff that I can't quite pin down

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »
i used to have terrible trouble with the holga's in built flash, nuclear it was -even with a few layers of tissue on it.   the vivitar 283 is a load better -except very large and more than twice as heavy as a holga!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »
You could try and tape a few layers of ND filter from a Rosco sample book in front of it.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.