Author Topic: Independence Day pics  (Read 896 times)

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Independence Day pics
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:11:40 AM »
Sorry to be nationalistic. I realize that only the US celebrates this day, but if others want to throw in some photos from patriotic celebrations in your country, I think that would be awesome.

There are the usual things in our little neighborhood parade. Beauty princesses, First Responders, Military Vehicles, Marching Bands and Youth Sports. We get to see the very cool Model T club...

Pola250-FP100c-001 by James Harr, on Flickr

Pola250-FP100c-002 by James Harr, on Flickr

Pola250-FP100c-003 by James Harr, on Flickr

The Boy Scouts always show up in numbers...

Pola250-FP100c-004 by James Harr, on Flickr

Oh and the Star Trek fanatics. After all what would the 4th of July celebration be without Star Trek??

Pola250-FP100c-005 by James Harr, on Flickr

Pola250-FP100c-006 by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Independence Day pics
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:24:24 AM »
I went to our Main Street parade today and shot some Super 8 Ektachrome 100D and Tri-X in an Argus C-3.  I still have to finish both rolls so it may be a while before I have something to post.  I like that chopper in your last shot.  We had a lot of classic cars as well. 

Terry

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:27:13 AM »
My town doesn't do much for the fourth anymore.  I thought we were having a thunderstorm on Friday (the 1st) and then I realized that they were doing the fireworks 3 days early.  Because no one is here on the actual holiday.  I used to like going up to Clarke House (where G. Washington actually did sleep once--his troops were barracked there prior to the battle of Trenton) because they have re-enacters and a real cannon.  It was cancelled.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:15:20 AM »
I tried to get some shots of the fireworks from my roof, but I had 2 problems:

1. I stupidly thought that my Holga WPC pinhole could capture a firework burst if I loaded it with fast film, so I borrowed stole an entire box of Fuji 400H from Peter (thanks Peter!!), only to be disappointed by the fact that not a single firework was caught. Don't worry, I only went through one roll  :-[

2. I loaded my Minolta SRT101 with a roll of 24 exp Gold 200 and set the aperture at 16 for some long-exposure shots. After I got to exposure 36, I figured something was wrong. And guess what, the film never caught. So I had about 5 minutes to try to catch the tail end of the fireworks, and came up with exactly one keeper. The reason it's a really weird aspect ratio is because it had huge Newton's rings in the middle so instead of trying to press the film overnight to flatten it, I just cropped the damn rings out :P

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:33:29 PM »
Argus C3 with Tri-X, developed in Beer.  This was the July 4th Main Street Parade in Bothell, WA.

Hammerhead Float by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Bothell July 4th Parade by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »
Bryan, for some reason just 2 minutes ago while I was developing a roll of Tri-X (in HC110) I was thinking about how I love every time you post "developed in beer"  ;D ;D ;D

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:39 PM »
Bryan, for some reason just 2 minutes ago while I was developing a roll of Tri-X (in HC110) I was thinking about how I love every time you post "developed in beer"  ;D ;D ;D

Did you get thirsty?