Author Topic: Moon project (and new site)  (Read 804 times)

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
Moon project (and new site)
« on: May 19, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »
Hi

I have been working on a project for over a year which is finally ready to launch, this coincides with me pushing a new version of my site.

(Naturally comments are greatly appreciated).

Hope you enjoy.

http://slackwise.org.uk
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Moon project (and new site)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:23:16 AM »
Wow looking at these is a joy. I think you did specially well with that one lit from underneath.
I'm looking through my blackberry so I can't comment much on the site besides that I see many photos after a nice splash page.
/jonas

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
okay, looking at a computer now and it looks nice and scaled down. I would appreciate some arrows to click to the next photo or being able to use the arrow keys to go back and forth.
also, some introduction/presentation text to the project would be interesting to read.
/jonas

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:00:34 AM »
:)

Thank you.

A slider, whilst not impossible will be quite tricky for me to implement, but I will look into it.

And yes I have been wrangling over the fact that I need to think about some accompanying text soon.
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
Nivo slider is nice and simple to implement - depending on how much you want to do yourself?

Nice site... agree with the comments above and personally I would change 'index' to home and think about making the menu and text size larger - but thats the joy of webdesign, we all like different things :-)

good luck with it.

Matt

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »
Hi Luke,

I like your website - particularly the clean and simple look.  My only comments / suggestions for improvements (and I don't profess any expertise in this area - so what I'm about to say is just my opinion) are:

1. the "index" is a bit "too" understated as it took me a little while to find it
2. the photos scale up well enough but a scroll mechanism or arrows to navigate forwards / backwards would help, I think.
3. a bit of text would help. 
4. some links from your "clients" page to the content you did for them would probably give prospective clients more of a feel for your style / imagination

Of the photos you've posted, my favourite gallery is "still life" but the moon shots are also really good.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".