Author Topic: Galaxy Direct Positive Photo Paper  (Read 716 times)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Galaxy Direct Positive Photo Paper
« on: February 04, 2016, 01:14:21 PM »
25 sheets of 4x5 Direct Positive Photo Paper arrived from Galaxy.  That was $33 plus $13 shipping and £11.54 import duty working out at around £1.45 per shot.  Then there's the cost of the reversal chemicals. 

So not as economical as hoped, but we'll see if the image can compete.  At least, at ISO 125 it will be fun trying !!  :)

Is anybody else playing with this?

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
Re: Galaxy Direct Positive Photo Paper
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »
I just got mine in the mail, too. It might be a little while before I can actually play, but I think it's going to be fun!

If I remember correctly, the Galaxy folks signed up here and answered some questions, and I think there was mention of possible Caffenol-based alternative for processing. Either way (waiting for an alternative or waiting to get the reversal kit), this is likely a summer project for me, after spring semester classes are finished.

I've got a homemade pinhole that takes 4x5, and I can also cut it down to use in a Baby Crown Graphic. Getting excited just thinking about it! :)
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »
That's good, we can compare notes.  I may not get to use mine till spring.

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 02:33:18 AM »
I received mine, but don't have the proper reversal chemicals. I'm going to shelve it for a while until I figure out how I can or want to develop it. Maybe I'll shoot some for World  Wide Pinhole Photography Day.

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:59:52 AM »
I backed the 25 sheets of 8x10 but have received nothing yet. They say they haven't got the packaging for 5x7 or 8x10 paper yet. No problem with chemicals, I intend to shoot as negative and contact print. For some reason I cannot come to terms with mirror reversed images, they just bother me.