Author Topic: The Return of Rodinal  (Read 1772 times)

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
The Return of Rodinal
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
At least the branding was available in the US as of a month or two ago. Adox Fotowerke GmbH got the United States Patent and Trademark Office to cancel the previous trademark owner's (Adox LLC) claim to the Rodinal trade name as they currently did not produce product that uses the name. It will still be Adox Adonal everywhere else.

United States Patent and Trademark Office Cancellation #92056706 of Adox LLC registration #3187159
http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?qs=78814688

They acquired the right to use Rodinal by showing they used that name in the US as they shipped Rodinal branded product to freestyle photo.

Adox Rodinal by Studioesper, on Flickr
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:06:38 PM by tkmedia »
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
Re: The Return of Rodinal
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
Nifty, thought it'll be quite a while before I'm through my bottle of Agfa Compard R09 One Shot (Rodinol). It's pretty amazing how little is used for development. I'm about 1/5th through the bottle since October 2013, as it's not my only developer.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
Re: The Return of Rodinal
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:21:28 AM »
I use rodinal for a lot of things, but really depends on the film and camera. Classic ISO 100 film i mostly use rodinal.  T-Grain is a toss up, If I already have the rodinal out I use that, if not I often use HC110; but mostly on faster films. I go thru about a bottle of rodinal every 12 - 14 months.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter