Author Topic: Developing problem, Jobo  (Read 640 times)

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
Developing problem, Jobo
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:35:18 AM »
I'm using a Jobo CPE2 processor with the 1530 unitanks, and am getting a dev problem on 120 films only. It's there on B+W and C41, but much more obvious on C41 in dense areas. Look at the right hand side of this image:

razor2 by donkerdave, on Flickr

The light/dark vertical stripe looks like inconsistent development. I'm using the correct volumes, temperatures etc. Is this a problem with the drums/spool design? It isn't a scanning artifact as it's visable on the neg.

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
Re: Developing problem, Jobo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
hmmm - I might have solved this one. I've put an exposed piece of film onto a spool, and what do you know the bottom edge of the image is clear of the plastic spool, but the lower edge is partly covered by the plastic on the spool. This is probably causing the problem?

Bit of a shame, as although the Rollei is giving me 57mm on the rebate, I'll have to frame a bit looser in some circumstances.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:41:30 AM »
I've had a very similar mark appear on my negs for quite some time. Two dark shadows down the left hand side. Mine is from a Hasselblad back and I get all mine commercially devd. Like yours, Dave, it is most obvious against a blue sky. I've had it from different companies which then had me thinking it was the back, but, I can't see any issue. I guess the various labs that I use might be using the same equipment - dunno!

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
I'll take a digi pic and upload it later to show what I mean - seems to fit with the marks on the neg. I guess as it's sloshing around it causes over/underdevelopement along a line.