Author Topic: Focus on Imaging: Birmingham NEC 4-7 March 2012  (Read 1481 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Focus on Imaging: Birmingham NEC 4-7 March 2012
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
Is anyone going this year? Ilford have asked to use 4 of my Harman Titan pinhole pics on their display stand ... so if it happens, they'll be printed nice and large.

I'm going to try to go on the Sunday, but I'm not entirely sure I can ... if you do manage to go, please take some digi snaps of the Ilford stand so I can see the pics?  Or, even better, why not do some video of the vent and send it to me or ed for a future podcast???

L.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
Re: Focus on Imaging: Birmingham NEC 4-7 March 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »
I've thought about going in the past, but wondered whether there's much to see beyond the usual latest and greatest digi-stuff (which is OK but you can have too much of a good thing). Anyone been recently?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

mikeg

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
My ticket turned up a few weeks ago but I'm still undecided whether I'll go or not. I usually go as it's only an hour and a half from Shropshire, so if I do I'll take a few pics of the stand.

You're right Nigel it is mainly the latest digi stuff. However, it's quite useful if you're after a new tripod, bag etc. Also, if you're scanning your film and printing digitally then there's usually some interesting stuff. Last year I brought a new bag, I also picked up some cheap inkjet paper, framing and matting stuff, along with other odds and ends all without any postage charges. Harman will also sell you "proper" paper as well, usually at a discount.

I must admit with the price of petrol and the NEC's parking charges, I wouldn't go if it was any further.

Cheers

Mike

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »
I just checked the train fare and it's £55 return from sunny Kent, I think that's probably a No then.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:03:17 PM »
I end up going most years, mainly because i live in brum so its easy for me to get there.

Its 90% digi.... still can get film and paper deals and see the harman stand.  Its basically a good excuse to get off work for a day

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »
Lara and I have been to the last few and there's little more than a "nod" in the direction of film and only from the usual suspects - Ilford/Harmon and Fuji. Otherwise, it's pixel peeping paradise.....

We're in Manchester at a gig on 1st March, then off to the Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday / Sunday. If the weather's crap or we have some time to kill on the way back to Essex, we might just take the detour to the NEC and have a snoop round for an hour or two.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Ken B: eyes, I just do eyes.

• Sheet Film
  • In email, no one can hear you scream
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
I am angling for the tuesday
Age can weary me when it can keep the hell up

http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/

http://www.artybollocks.com/