Author Topic: analog photography project  (Read 1370 times)

astrobeck

analog photography project
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
Re: analog photography project
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
Yeah, Im very curious to see if the cams ever make it back and see how just the average joe photog shots compare to the prize winning photog shots. Very curious indeed!
mojave

astrobeck

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »
I wondered that too, seems the pressure is on since some of the togs have Pulitzer prizes on their mantle.

Hope to see the results.

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
I like this line...
“The aim is to strip away all the conveniences that make the world so cluttered and return to a time where we thought about the picture we constructed instead of laying our finger down at 12 frames a second,” he says.

I took the rolleiflex out the other day and having been using the digital more than I should I couldn't believe it when frame no. 12 passed. It was a good thing. It slowed me down and made me think about the shot more.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

Steven.

• Peel Apart
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:32 AM »
i carry my nikkormat and elan ii with me more than i do any digital gear. glad to see a film project like this. can't wait to see results.

Nubz

• 35mm
    • Shortfinger Photo
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 04:42:07 AM »
That's a really cool story.  I have thought about leaving a cheap camera with film in it in a public place with the first frame exposed to show the return address for the film once developed just so I could see what people would shoot. 

Hopefully we can catch the resultes.