Author Topic: FM2n and F6 photos resized  (Read 945 times)

DaveO

FM2n and F6 photos resized
« on: September 07, 2011, 11:43:26 PM »
      I forgot to post photos from these cameras before. On the FM2n I used Portra 160 with a Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 and micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8. The F6 pictures were taken on Portra 400 with a Nikkor 85mm f/2.8. I resized these to put them on this forum. I may have gotten too agressive though since the first one is only 78mb and the last two are about half that size. In the program I used ( Pixlr ) , you don't know the size until you save the image. I have Light Room also, but I am not as familiar with it.

DaveO

DaveO

Re: FM2n and F6 photos resized
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:17:16 AM »
    I noticed after I posted this that I missed the focus on the last two pictures with the manual lenses, also they are about 1/3rd the size file so they may be less clear. These were taken with available light so the aperture was probably pretty large therefore small dof.

DaveO
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:19:13 AM by DaveO »

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »
Hi Dave.

Not sure if this is any use to you but, for the past 6+ years, I've used BD Sizer to resize my digital files.

All you do is import the file into BD Sizer, select the max length for the longest side (in pixels), select the maximum file size (Filmwasters postings are best about 600-700 pixels with max 300kb) and hit the button. Save the file somewhere obvious and then post it.

I think this is the latest version of the freeware:

http://www.photo-freeware.net/bdsizer.php

I find it a lot easier than trying to "Save for Web" in Photoshop or other software I have. Then again, I'm a bit of a techno-numpty....!!  :D
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
I also tried BD Sizer and must say it's quite nice yet minimalistic. What I like about it is that it does only one thing but does it well. You can simply drag and drop all your images on the desktop icon to resize them. What I also like is that it allows you to set the file size you aim for. This is very handy for forums.

But for other work, I feel a more powerful program is in order. I tried Lightroom. While it is quite nice, it is also a bit counter intuitive as they do things very differently than all the other programs out there. For a simple catalog/sorting program that does basic retouching, I use Picasa.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Dave Elden

• EldenFoto
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
Another useful & easy to use sw for basic stuff like resizing is FastStone Image Viewer.

DaveO

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »
     Thanks for all the responses and photo editor suggestions.

DaveO