Author Topic: a short testimonial about Mark Hama's work  (Read 1004 times)

astrobeck

a short testimonial about Mark Hama's work
« on: September 03, 2011, 07:35:45 AM »
I sent my YashicaMat 124G to Mark Hama 2 weeks ago for a cleaning, adjusting and light seal replacement.  The shutter button was also a little contrary and sticky.

After Mark received the camera, he called me to let me know he had the camera and wanted to know if it had any issues other than the sticky button I had mentioned in a note I sent with the camera.

I told him I didn't think so, and that the camera was one of my favorites and whatever he thought it needed to take care of.

I talked to him again last week, ( he called to let me know it was on it's way back) and he told me the camera was made by him many years ago and that he had completely rebuilt it and adjusted all of the shutter speeds and totally cleaned out the battery compartment.

Man!  Did he ever!  :)
I received the camera today via UPS and it looks amazing! The dust and goo is all gone and the glass looks brand new!  The light seals are tight, the shutter button is buttery smooth and it works like a dream.

The crank even sounds a lot quieter and honestly I think the camera is smiling now.
I know I am!   :)

So, if anyone ever needs any repairs or adjustments done on their YashicaMats, I highly recommend you send them to Mark.  He does amazing work!  :)

I loaded a roll of 220 Portra in it this evening so hope to have some nice pix from the long weekend to share soon!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:39:27 AM by astrobeck »

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: a short testimonial about Mark Hama's work
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
Good news... finding a competent repairman is so hard these days...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

sethasaurus

Re: a short testimonial about Mark Hama's work
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:35:33 PM »
Mark is fast and efficient. I ordered a part from him, no delays, no fuss. Great!
He obviously loves what he does.
Hard to find people like that these days.
"Dear friends. My work is done. Why wait?"... 'BANG'
- George Eastman. Mar 14, 1932.