Author Topic: darkroom training  (Read 2149 times)

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
darkroom training
« on: February 03, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »
Just got back from a brilliant day ensconced in a darkroom with Andrew Sanderson. I have never learnt so much in such a short time. Was hopeless in the darkroom myself so hope i have picked up a few useful tips - like getting an image out!
Lovely chap, great skills and runs a great course. He is here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/88234057@N00/
Seen his stuff in B&W mag [UK] before - thanks Ailsa - and hope to again soon.

Ailsa

• Peel Apart
Re: darkroom training
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:56:27 AM »
Glad you had such a good day, Andrea. I've never spent any time in the darkroom with Andrew, but I'd believe you if you were to say it's life-changing! His feedback on looking through my portfolio a few months back was invaluable.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:40:53 PM »
I envy you - Andrew is probably one of my favourite photographers - not only has he an eye that sees but he is extremely creative too, his book Home Photography is a must and I very much hope to do a workshop with him someday soon!

Carl

Leon - anymore on this?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:43:49 PM by CarlRadford »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 08:01:49 PM »
hmmm - I forgot all about that .... I'd be really struggling to take either the time or the money needed for the next 6 months or so, and probably for a few years after that ... I'll tell you more about that carl when we meet up later this month.  Feel free to go ahead and book up for yourself and Janet though.
L.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »
hmmm - I forgot all about that .... I'd be really struggling to take either the time or the money needed for the next 6 months or so, and probably for a few years after that ... I'll tell you more about that carl when we meet up later this month.  Feel free to go ahead and book up for yourself and Janet though.

Will talk weekend after next!