Author Topic: interesting workshops  (Read 5666 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
interesting workshops
« on: November 28, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »
I thought I'd start a thread for up and coming interesting workshops that might be of interest to the filmwasters - feel free to chip in:

An Inquiry into Lensless Photography
Cost: $ 725.00
June 17-22
With Tom Persinger

Please join us for this exciting, hands-on inquiry into making photographs without the use of a lens. We'll explore a variety of means including: photograms, pinhole, sieve, anamorphic, multiple-aperture, and both film and paper negatives as ways to extend the possibilities of your photographic work. We'll divide our time between:

* Discussions regarding the science, history and contemporary use of lensless methods.
* Constructing, and/or adapting an existing camera(s), several different working lensless cameras.
* Determining necessary technical information including f-stop, angle of view, metering, reciprocity failure, etc.
* Using our constructed cameras in the field by making images in the beautiful valley and rugged mountains surrounding the Formulary.
* Time in the darkroom to develop and print our work.

We'll also have an opportunity for open discussion and critique of each participants "lensless" work, as well as a general dialogue regarding the unique characteristics of lensless photography, its contemplative nature and the counterpoint such "simple" techniques play in our increasingly technological world.

Sign up early! Don't miss your chance to participate in this unique workshop that just might change your photographic aesthetics! More details will be provided for registrants prior to the workshop.

For more information visit:
http://www.photoformulary.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=3andtabid=10

E-mail: formulary@blackfoot.net
or call 800-922-5255/406-754-2891

The Interactive Application:
http://www.photoformulary.com/images/2006Newsletters/2006Interactive_Application.pdf

L.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
Re: interesting workshops
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
Tom hosts and maintains: http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/forum/Blah.pl lots of interest for those interested in pinhole! I am looking for Andrew Sanderson to host one and hopefully I'll be able to make that!

I thought I'd start a thread for up and coming interesting workshops that might be of interest to the filmwasters - feel free to chip in:

An Inquiry into Lensless Photography
Cost: $ 725.00
June 17-22
With Tom Persinger

Please join us for this exciting, hands-on inquiry into making photographs without the use of a lens. We'll explore a variety of means including: photograms, pinhole, sieve, anamorphic, multiple-aperture, and both film and paper negatives as ways to extend the possibilities of your photographic work. We'll divide our time between:

* Discussions regarding the science, history and contemporary use of lensless methods.
* Constructing, and/or adapting an existing camera(s), several different working lensless cameras.
* Determining necessary technical information including f-stop, angle of view, metering, reciprocity failure, etc.
* Using our constructed cameras in the field by making images in the beautiful valley and rugged mountains surrounding the Formulary.
* Time in the darkroom to develop and print our work.

We'll also have an opportunity for open discussion and critique of each participants "lensless" work, as well as a general dialogue regarding the unique characteristics of lensless photography, its contemplative nature and the counterpoint such "simple" techniques play in our increasingly technological world.

Sign up early! Don't miss your chance to participate in this unique workshop that just might change your photographic aesthetics! More details will be provided for registrants prior to the workshop.

For more information visit:
http://www.photoformulary.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=3andtabid=10

E-mail: formulary@blackfoot.net
or call 800-922-5255/406-754-2891

The Interactive Application:
http://www.photoformulary.com/images/2006Newsletters/2006Interactive_Application.pdf

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
    • Janet Penny Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:39:16 AM »
I'd be REALLY interested in an Andrew Sanderson one. Would that be 'up North'?

Janet

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:49:21 PM »
I'd be REALLY interested in an Andrew Sanderson one. Would that be 'up North'?

Janet

If we can drum up support I am sure we could contact him?

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »
Leon might even have contact with him through B&W magazine contacts - what say you Leon?

Andrew Sanderson

• 35mm
    • Andrew Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »
Hi there everyone, I am the aforementioned Andrew Sanderson I have just joined filmwasters after recieving an e.mail from Carl Radford.
I would be happy to offer workshops. What would you be interested in covering? I am based in Holmfirth, near Manchester/Leeds.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »
Well I for one would be very much up for this - If you have not seen Andrews work in B&W have a look at http://www.andrewsanderson.com/ or even ask Santa for his Home Photography book - possibly the most inspirational book there is!

Carl

Hi there everyone, I am the aforementioned Andrew Sanderson I have just joined filmwasters after recieving an e.mail from Carl Radford.
I would be happy to offer workshops. What would you be interested in covering? I am based in Holmfirth, near Manchester/Leeds.

Andrew Sanderson

• 35mm
    • Andrew Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 11:31:32 PM »
Thank you Carl, I am very flattered by your comment. Unfortunately it is now out of print and Aurum have no plans to re print it. I think the US version is available from Amphoto in the states, although they gave it a rather ugly burgundy cover.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 02:57:29 PM »
sorry I didnt reply Carl - been away.  But I see Andrew beat me to it anyway.  I'd be keen if you could do some stuff on paper negs Andrew???  IF enough people show interest here, we should contact Andrew off forum and work out arrangements.

cheers
L.

Andrew Sanderson

• 35mm
    • Andrew Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »
I'd be happy to Leon, just drop me an e.mail and I'll give you my number. Or you could get it off Ailsa?

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 05:55:18 PM »
I'm certainly in as long as we can keep away from June! Paper negs - pinhole, and inspiration so that I don't have to lug the l/f kit too far - a little bit of alchemy is good for the soul too!

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 09:50:57 PM »
Leon

How about opening this up to the UK folk on APUG. I am sure we should be able to get enough folk to make this worthwhile for Andrew?

Carl

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:54:34 PM »
good idea carl - I guess we'll need to got an idea of numbers from adnrew and cost etc. As per his invite, I'll call him to get the info and we can open it up over there  -I'll give it a few days here for others to see and respond though.
L.

FrankB

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 10:15:10 PM »
Love that Dalek!  ;)

Actually, I love most of your work Andrew but, as a long time Whovian...!

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »
Well, I'm definitely in, I'd love to do some stuff on paper negatives or hand colouring and hand coating.
As Carl says, just some inspiration and a chance to do a workshop with Andrew, alongside fellow filmwasters.

Janet
 :)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 11:10:43 AM »
Any more news Leon?

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »
Quick bump as this may be relevant for some :)

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
I had such a great time in the darkroom with Andrew last week i think i would be up for a paper neg workshop too. Mr Sanderson did mention about that sort of work and talked briefly about it but time just flew and we ran out time to actually do any.
Andrews Holmfirth darkroom has a lovely feel to it with loads of nice images on the walls and old camera about the place too. Really lovely chap too.
Is that enough of a big-up Andrew? ;)

Andrew Sanderson

• 35mm
    • Andrew Sanderson
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the (unprompted) advertisment Andrea! I enjoyed it too. Time does go too fast on days like that when you get really into what you are doing.
I would be happy to do a workshop on paper negs any time.
Are other members of filmwasters aware that Black and White magazine are sending readers to me for workshops? You only have to write around 100 - 200 words on it after, but you get the workshop free! Get your names down now and beat the rush!
Andrew.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
Are other members of filmwasters aware that Black and White magazine are sending readers to me for workshops? You only have to write around 100 - 200 words on it after, but you get the workshop free! Get your names down now and beat the rush!
Andrew.

Have put my name in for this - also see that Andrew is at Inversnaid in September too :)

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 09:59:37 AM »
I have emailed Ailsa about this, sounds too good to be true :)

Janet