Author Topic: Idea No 1  (Read 2610 times)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
Idea No 1
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »
I suggested to Susan that we look at the possibility of working on portfolio development/critques. Comes from something I was reading in Lenswork - santa was kind this year - its something I'd like to work on and have a couple of ideas for projects. However, there are people better placed than I to kick this off and offer up a portfolio and talk about what was behind it where its going and maybe get some feedback from other filmwasters?

Carl

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: Idea No 1
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »
excellent idea carl - and something that fits well into the ethos of fw.com

I wont offer mine up just yet, as I'm still working on deciding what to put in it - even after 1 year of thought!
L.

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »
Love this idea.

Just an fyi---This would be focused on and located within the blog not the forum.

Carl or anyone else--feel free to send me what you want. And we'll get going on it via the blog.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:43:41 PM by Susan B. »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
Yep, the blog/artciles section is better for portfolio critique because stuff will live forever there (or at least for as long as FW is on the air), whereas forum content will get binned once we reach our size limit. Oldest stuff gets deleted first.

This is an exciting idea. I'll spread the word and see if I can get hold of a sacrificial lamb....only joking.
 ;D

astrobeck

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
I'm bumping this up since I'm still interested in seeing this happen and looking at some portfolios as works in progress.
My own included.

I sat down last night and sorted and then resorted photos for a portfolio, but kept having internal arguments with myself about which photos worked and which did not.
Consequently, I am no better off than when I started, so it would be a great help to be able to have portfolio "critiques" here.

If we do get this up and going  on the blog, how many photos would be reasonable in a portfolio for critique.  Do we have space limits?

astro

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 02:10:05 AM »
I'm bumping this up since I'm still interested in seeing this happen and looking at some portfolios as works in progress.
My own included.

I sat down last night and sorted and then resorted photos for a portfolio, but kept having internal arguments with myself about which photos worked and which did not.
Consequently, I am no better off than when I started, so it would be a great help to be able to have portfolio "critiques" here.

If we do get this up and going  on the blog, how many photos would be reasonable in a portfolio for critique.  Do we have space limits?

astro

Anyone who wants can jump on in. Just send me the images and your "article" and one of us can pop it onto the articles section.
Space limits...kind of, but not since the page just keeps going down with the scroll button.
I would think a solid ten is good. But in the real world, you need a solid 20 for a series with a statement. If we put them up small it might be able to fly....Not sure until we try it.
Anyone?
Send your stuff into filmwasters@gmail.com

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 12:51:59 AM »
Let's stick with 10 for starters and see how it flies?

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 08:08:31 PM »
Give me another couple of weeks and I'll have a project that I'd like feedback on!

Carl