Author Topic: Six Dogs And Two Gems  (Read 648 times)

Lawrie

Six Dogs And Two Gems
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »
I'm a sucker for auctions and job lots - always have been, always will be!

I recently bid for a joblot of eight old film cameras but, from the tiny on line picture, it was impossible to identify them. But what the hang, at an opening bid of R5.00 (70 US cents) I jumped right in. A week later I was notified that I was the proud owner of the cameras at, you guessed it, just R5.00. The fact that postage pushed the total cost to 7 Dollars was not too serious.

Two of the cameras turned out to be Olympus AF-10 models, both in good working order. The other six have joined a number of other rejects in a dusty corner to rest in peace (or should that be "rust" in "piece"?)

Has anyone had experience with the AF-10? I am sure that with it's Olympus heritage it should account well for itself. Any way, it should be a good one to keep loaded and tucked away under the car seat as a backup.

Regards,

Lawrie.

astrobeck

Re: Six Dogs And Two Gems
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »
I don't have any personal experience with the Oly, but it should be a good spare considering it's ancestry.

Take it for a spin and show us some results!  I'm sure it will be a fun camera.
 :)

Fedo

• 35mm
Re: Six Dogs And Two Gems
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
Strangely enough , I've just got an AF-10 of ebay as well!

I was getting a bit paranoid that my XA2 would soon die ,as sometimes the shutter doesnt seem to fire especially when there's a great shot to be had.

I'm too poor at the moment to think about a Mju so I guessed that the AF10 was something like an updated XA2 with autofocus/flash etc. Anyway it was only 99p so there wasnt much to lose.

The only thing that bugs me about it is that the flash is fully automatic so I'm a bit worried that my steathly street shots are going to be given away somewhat by a massive flash in my targets eyes  ;D