Author Topic: You messing with images this weekend? Show us!  (Read 11964 times)

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
Re: You messing with images this weekend? Show us!
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »
I know what you mean Phil. Some of the homes I've shot are fenced off now and I cant get to them any more and at one place, there was this dead tree beside a burnt out husk of a place and it was so beautiful, this dead tree. Just a thin, white stick basically, but beautiful next to the remains of the building. And when I went back to photograph it again because I wasnt totally happy with the original shot, I found that somebody had knocked the tree down. Made me sad. And somebody had used the place for a paintball fun zone, which is just crazy. There are nails and broken glass and rusty pieces of metal everywhere. I cant imagine running around and diving into the dirt in a place like an abandoned home. Its nuts.
mojave

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:58 PM »
Phil, amazing place and wonderful colors!!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
Francois, all of your images look just great!
Thanks!
It's one of those places that is somewhat hard to access and definitely off the beaten path.
I just love those old steel bridges.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »
too many great shots to comment on everything that strikes me but I'll sum it up with saying that it's an inspiration to see what everyone's up to :)

here's two that I scanned in the past few days..
first is shot with my tlr on some expired ektachrome and the second with my sx-70 and tz-artistic film.

edit: I can use dust removal in my scanner but I left it for this one. I liked how it seems like an old, faded picture.. kind of fitted the old trolley in a way ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:59:03 AM by jojonas »
/jonas