Author Topic: Impossible Project Retail Outlet in NYC  (Read 1889 times)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
Impossible Project Retail Outlet in NYC
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »
In my hot little hands, I have 2 packs of the NEW instant film from Impossible Project.  When I heard it was going on sale today I tweeted them & asked if there was a way to pick it up in NYC & they said I could come by. I got there as soon as they opened & turns out I was customer #1. I bought 2 packs and also got a pack of rejected 600 film (Can't wait to see what funky results I get from that).

They are opening a retail space here. It's not quite up and running yet, but they do have some film there now and say that if you call before you come, you can go pick some up. Here's the info:

425 Broadway
5th Floor
pone# 212-219-3254

They also say that a newsletter will be going out shortly with all the technical specs of the film, to help photographers get the most out of it. I'll wait to get that before I use it. But I can't wait. The mages on display there look a lot better in person than posted on line.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:33:08 PM by gothamtomato »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: Impossible Project Retail Outlet in NYC
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »
Great stuff. Thanks for posting. It's good to have that 'finger on the pulse' vibe here at Filmwasters. I'm pleased also that the photos look better up close than they do online and I think you're wise to wait for the tech specs before shooting the film. And when you do shoot the film I trust you'll drop by and let us know how it went?

:)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »
Yes, I'll definitely post results here & on Flickr.

Ailsa

• Peel Apart
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »
Really look forward to seeing your results and learning a bit more about it.  :)

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
i ordered some packs online...may take them a bit longer to ship with the overload of orders.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Klaark

• 35mm
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
I just rushed to buy some online until I realised that I was going to have to pay fourteen pounds for shipping. That's a total of thirty quid for film and shipping. Go balls, Impossible, go balls. I think I'd rather spend my money on a train ticket to London and chance it on the Photographer's Gallery having some stock.

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
I ordered online.  I'll send my sis up the street to pick up some on B'way :)

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »
Somehow I was under the impression they planned a type 100 release along with the sx-70 film for today. Nonetheless I picked up a pack of sepia & blue to support them.

I'll have to get my sx-70 back from a friend and give the new film a go. Like what I've seen from testers thus far.

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »
Photographers gallery has it for ?19.99 a pack.

I overheard  (and so this counts as idle gossip, rather than fact) that the colour film will be at least ?20 per pack and the suggestion was that would be a special intro offer.

As such...I didnt buy any.  Sure I will at some point but ?20 for 8 shots seems somewhat steep.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »
MMMmmmm 20 quid a throw! I'll probably being waiting to see how it pans out and stick with the peel-apart for now!