Author Topic: Help! Sold a colour print and need advice  (Read 896 times)

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
Help! Sold a colour print and need advice
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
It look like I might have sold a print through my blog. Hurrah.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HMpvLzl7bOY/S3nEF-tiVoI/AAAAAAAAAv0/HRKOnO9V81U/s1600-h/forthsmall.jpg

I am selling it as a 15" x 10" print. Am I better to have it printed from the original neg, or via a PS scan. Or doesn't it matter.  I made a slight adjustment to the strength of the yellow. Can this be tweaked by a print lab?

Also, has anyone had experience selling prints online. I have only done it through exhibitions. I was thinking of using Paypal 'Email an invoice' service.

Thankful as always.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
Re: Help! Sold a colour print and need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
Can't comment too much on the printing issue other than to say I've sold prints (OK, one print) that was done from a scan and printed on 'proper' paper using a lightjet printer.

As for paying. I've used Paypal for payments other than ebabe sales and it's easy and convenient. There's also a way you can get the buyer to pay the fees if you want to do that. But I'm not sure I remember how. I kow if you can get the buyer to pay you as a gift then they will pay the fees and if they pay from a linked bank account or from their Paypal balance then there won't be any fees on either side. Worth checking out the options anyway.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Re: Help! Sold a colour print and need advice
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
I have used the same method as Peter R. is mentioning above and it worked out great!..Congratulations!