Author Topic: This Weekend ...?  (Read 6055 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
This Weekend ...?
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:26:10 PM »
I got back from a week away in the frozen North East on Friday.  I've developed a few films.  Here are four frames taken on Embleton Beach.  One was a moonlight long exposure and the rest were taken at twilight-dawn.  It was a magical time - the quality of light was truly something else.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
L.

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
Re: This Weekend ...?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
Those are gorgeous Leon! What camera were you using?

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »
thanks Gary! they were taken on my Bronica SQA
L.

sausage100uk

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 08:47:53 PM »
lovely shots leon.

I finally managed to finish my pinhole 4x5 prototype today and loaded it with some Kentmere RC paper. Just one useable shot as I only have 2 film holders. weather permitting I'll be going out again this week. This time armed with changing bag and some pre-cut paper...  ;D

one is a scan of the paper negative the other a scan of a contact print from the paper neg.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
God created Paramedics so Firemen could have heroes...

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »
I took photos on wednesday and got them roughly scanned on saturday.

only 2 out of the roll i liked. http://www.stargazy.org/photos/fog-jan09/
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »
Nothing to add  this weekend but that 3rd image of Leons is class.  It will make a beautiful print. Enjoyed those Pinhole images also especially  the first one.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »
Sexy photos everyone. Good stuff. I suspect other wasters will pile in over the next few days. I love these weekend threads. Personally I did nothing film-wise this weekend. Went down to Kent w/ the family to see my folks. Took my cameraphone and nowt else. Reason being I realised on Friday that I have 3 and a half years worth of negs to file...about 35% of which (and there are a LOT) I doubt I've even done test scans for. Not the time to be shooting more stuff.
 :o :o :o :o :o

tijeras

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 11:37:58 PM »
yes, lovely weekend stuff here.
I too adore the pinhole shots.

:) :)

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 11:42:26 PM »
Reason being I realised on Friday that I have 3 and a half years worth of negs to file...about 35% of which (and there are a LOT) I doubt I've even done test scans for. Not the time to be shooting more stuff.
 :o :o :o :o :o

Understanding that. I have almost all of my negatives in the plastic sleeves but not in binders. and I'll be moving soon so I'm now forced to go through them and put them in a vague order and find a space in this flat to store them while keeping the place looking tidy before moving them directly to the new flat. I have the urge to photograph but on the other hand, no energy to set it up.
Heather
ooh shiny things!

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 04:32:49 AM »
Damn that be nice work from everyone. Goody. I managed to fire off a few rounds at the neighbors house today....bang bang.

Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

rdbkorn

• Error-Prone
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 05:56:22 AM »
This was a weekend of good and not so good. I was out in the rainforest today on a rare sunny winter day, holga on tripod planning on taking timed exposures with a film that would accentuate the lovely greens. Made sure to tape the shutter switch to bulb, had a great time working my way through three films, only to discover that somehow the buggering shutter switch had moved to normal. Processing a couple of films confirmed they were blank....

However, I had some good fun on Saturday trying to process some 10 years expired Velvia 50 and 160NPS 4X5 sheet film in C41 in a very low tech way. Heated the chems up to 42 C, processed with the tank preheated with water, but otherwise rolling around at room temperature. Temperature held well enough and success was had.

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »
Yay! C-41 isn't too hard to do at home. I just stopped doing it because I tend to want prints with mine and it seems easier and cheaper to send it out. Some day I will get around to doing room temp (with normal RA-4, apparently the room temp RA-4 isn't as archival) prints.
Heather
ooh shiny things!

sausage100uk

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »
dev'ed a roll of porterload pushed to 1600,

a shot from work during a quiet spell on nights, one of my sister from a camping trip, RIP Eric.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:27:51 AM by sausage100uk »
God created Paramedics so Firemen could have heroes...

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »
nice pics one and all.

here are some from Hauxley Scars

L.

Yaniv Waissa

• My photographic journey
    • http://www.waissa.com
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
Leon- great shots !!! I love the darker images- dunsnew 1&3 and havxley 4

Heather- 02&09 are my favorites

Here few images from my weekend at Haifa
Enjoy

The Storm Still Rages Inside

Yaniv Waissa

• My photographic journey
    • http://www.waissa.com
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 07:01:56 PM »
Another 2 images.... 4 plates are still drying- I'll upload new images tomorrow

The Storm Still Rages Inside

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
Leon,

First posts were absolutely stunning!

Chops
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 11:58:41 PM »
worked on the weekend, but tomorrow i'm heading up north and to the nw deserts of az to shoot!
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 03:45:04 AM »
what an awesome group of shots!  Love all of them. sausage100uk - the 4 x5s are looking great. 

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 03:47:46 AM »
Just received my new ( to me that is) Pentacon Six and had to run some film through to make sure it had a reasonable amount of worth..I am thinking not too bad..

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 04:37:23 AM »
I shot the SLUT (South Lake Union Trolley), not my usual subject matter - this shot is for you skorj, with thanks for the helpful tips on the Fujipet). The other two shots I took while on a photo stroll with some Seattle Flickrites, decided to coat the Diana lens with what was on hand - chapstick......

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:00:54 PM by gregor »

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »
Actually..I think this was the first shot out of the gate on the newly acquired Pentacon Six..focusing could have been better..but love the subject matter!  Trees and tree house..

Stu

• Peel Apart
    • Daily35
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
Here are my efforts from the weekend. Not shooting this time but developing.

One of my Mum, Dad and Grandad watching the Queen's Speech on Christmas day,
the other from the same film, taken at dusk on Oxford Street.

Both Leica IIIF on Tri-x.

synj00

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
My shots from this weekend are yet to be taken. But its Friday and I have 3 frames left before I'm out of film. Hey 3 shots are enough for a miracle to take place! I'm loving all these shots here especially the contrasty ones. They always get me. Hope everyone has a productive and fun weekend.  :)

cmdrray

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 04:48:21 AM »
These were a bit late getting back from the lab at work. The first two were taken with a mid 50s Exakta VX with an aus Jena 50mm 2.0 Pancolar lens; the other three were taken with a Nikon F2 and a Nikkor 105mm 2.5 lens. All of these shots are from my neighborhood area here in NE Portland.

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 09:24:10 AM »
Eyup,

Spotted a delivery chap disappearing through a doorway in Nottingham...

M6, Summicron 50mm, TriX

"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand