Author Topic: Farm Series  (Read 2302 times)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
Farm Series
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
I have been thinking about returning to the farm and making a small series of images. These are parts of the farm that I have collected apart from the skull although I am sure I'd find a rabbit skull on the farm! The background is a piece of worktop from the kitchen on which is placed a slate tile from one of the byres. The bottle is one of many that John and Robert ploughed up over the years.

The first is a double exposure with the whole scene being given 7 secs before removing the skull and exposed again for another 7 secs.

The second is made up of three exposures, the whole scene exposed for 7 secs, the skull removed and another exposure of 6 secs, the bottle removed and another 6 secs exposure.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
Re: Farm Series
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »
Another from the series.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:24:59 AM »
These I like very much. Have been staring at the bottle a lot in the 3rd snap - it's amazing. Not usually one for skull photos, but somehow these get through the filter  :D Good work, Carl.

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »
Honestly, I don't think the skull adds too much to the photos. It looks like a white paint splat on the paper behind... for some reason it looks very flat and not like an object? Overall it's a cool series and I like old bottles  :D
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »
Agree with Heather. On re-examination it's the 3rd photo that stands out to me. The bottle looks wonderful and the wilted flower suits the overall tone. Better without the skull.

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »
Appreciate the input - a good friend said less Blakemore and more Radford - that sums it up :)

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
    • Janet Penny Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 02:40:27 PM »
I think the bottles work particularly well, especially in the second shot - they have a very painterly quality to them - as though they have been half washed in but not completed.
Lovely

Janet

ndroo

• FuzzyEyeballs
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 05:32:15 AM »
Superb! I love these very much. Each unique in their own way. More to share?

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »
Damn. I just came back from your website to view the other farm series. And a most grand series it is. Gorgeous work. Most of them cannot even be dated. So primitive. Superb photographs and printing....and a very nice website, Carl. Cheers...
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »
A little bird tells me Mr Radford is up on the Isles :-) Can't wait to meet him ! Hopefully

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
Ere, that Carl fella is a nice chap. Took me tintype and everything :-) Up here on the Isles an all.  Chatted, drank coffee, had cakes. And choccy biscuits. Dodged the rain and talked some more.

Nice. So glad I met him.

Tintype is on my blogette if anyone's interested - won't post it here because I don't like flaunting myself :-).

Anyway, trust me, Carl is a nice chap :-)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »
Ere, that Carl fella is a nice chap. Took me tintype and everything :-) Up here on the Isles an all.  Chatted, drank coffee, had cakes. And choccy biscuits. Dodged the rain and talked some more.

Nice. So glad I met him.

Tintype is on my blogette if anyone's interested - won't post it here because I don't like flaunting myself :-).

Anyway, trust me, Carl is a nice chap :-)

Good company brings out the best in people :)

david b

• Peel Apart
    • Stray Light Foto
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
That tintype portrait is fantastic.