Author Topic: new fibre paper from Adox!!!  (Read 1940 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
new fibre paper from Adox!!!
« on: July 14, 2008, 07:11:40 PM »
In this world of fewer and fewer products for the chemical photographer, Adox, Harman/Ilford and Wolfgang Moersch have collaborated to come up with a new fibre based warmtone variable contrast silver/darkroom paper. The emulsion is apparently coated on a pure white base so no more creamy highlights with your rich warm shadows.

here is a link to the german only Adox site - http://www.adox.de/ADOX_Papiere/ADOX...Variotone.html and here is a Yahoo Babelfish translation

"Warm clay/tone baryte paper on clean-white carrier. This paper is produced in co-operation with Ilford and Wolfgang Moersch and exhibits a beautiful warm clay/tone combined with perfect characteristiccharacteristic characteristics. In contrast to Ilford multi-degrees warm clay/tone baryte it is poured onto a clean-white carrier and exceeds in such a way " Original" at Brillianz and Kontrastumfang. The emulsion particularly optimized for procedureprocedure procedures. ADOX FP Variotone will be manufactured in shining and halfmatt. ADOX FP Variotone is presumably available to the Photokina 2008. "

I'm definitely going to have to try the "Shining" finish ;)

This is seriously good news though - just when it seems things are looking bad, a small silver thread appears to brighten my darkroom days.

More info/ comment is available at the Apug forum or http://www.fotolaborforum.eu
L.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: new fibre paper from Adox!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »
The adox link is dead so here is the link to their main paper page
http://www.adox.de/ADOX_Papiere/ADOX_Papiere.html

I checked the Canadian website... still very basic, offering only Bluefire film :( .
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »
how strange -  I wonder why the link isnt working ... it;s still there on the site.  Thanks for posting the alternative link francois.

the paper is called Variotone by the way.
L.

Fintan

• Film Photography Workshops Ireland
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »
The emulsion particularly optimized for procedureprocedure procedures.

LOL, I look forward to trying this  ;D

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »
yes Fintan - I've been wanting a procedureprocedure procedure paper for quite some time now - ever since I first saw the potential procedureprocedure procedure can offer the trad darkroom practitioner.

:D
L.

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »
Good point Leon. You really hit the head on the nose.