Author Topic: playing with peel apart films  (Read 2255 times)

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
playing with peel apart films
« on: June 30, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
I haven't popped any images up here for awhile.  I've been playing with whatever Polaroid films I can find (664 & 669 being the easiest it seems) for my bronica sq-a.

here's some of the results. with these I'm using a #2 CU filter. comments & criticism are quite welcome !!

Gregor

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:38:57 AM by gregor »

okayku

• a set of postcards
Re: playing with peel apart films
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »
Really nice Gregor, I especially like the first one.  The colors and lighting are all beautiful and nice depth of field. 

traskblueribbon

• instant junkie
    • flickr stream
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:36:31 AM »
yes great stuff, love the shot of the Docs!

Edit: what were the last two shot on? the grain is  nice.

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:36:41 AM »
okayku - hey thanks for the feedback !

trask  the last two are using type 664, with the 2nd to last being shot at f2.8 & 1/30. The last one was also type 664 and shot at f2.8 & 1/4. no tripod and I'm shocked espresso jitters didn't blur  the last shot !
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:33:56 PM by gregor »

russmorris

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »
Love the squeeze box shot...

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
Nce collection, a couple of really strong images here.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 11:49:56 PM »
Inspired me to buy a Pola back for my own SQ-A. Should be with me next week. I'm getting a bit tired of only having my Land Cameras to put my instant film through. Thanks!

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »
Russ - thanks. I'm pretty partial to accordions !

Eddie: thanks for commenting.

Ed: I think you'll have quite a bit of fun with the polaroid back. Depending on your lighting conditions and the camera settings you can get results that are a nice bridge between low-fi and hi-fi as well as some simply superb peel aprt shots.

Playing with different filters, ranging from close-up to IR filters, there's so much that can be done!

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »
My new Polaroid back arrived today - evilBay purchase at the weekend. Just been playing with it. Didn't help that I lost the dark slide for the standard 120 roll film back (Doh!!) so it looked for a while like I wasn't going to be able to remove it and attach the new Polaroid back*. Salvation was at hand however in the shape of a dark slide from my ETRS which I fooled the SQ-A into thinking was its own, so I managed finally to get the 120 back off. I knew there was a reason I bought 3 different model of Bronnys in the space of a couple of months last year!

Predictably enough the first shot with the Pola back resulted in a big fat nada...who's guessed it? Yep, I left the Pola dark slide in when I took the photo (Double Doh!!).

Anyway, I then managed to take a couple of shots sucessfully enough and I really like the results. Am looking forward to trying something more serious next time round.

* On the Bronica SQ-A you need to insert the dark slide before you can remove the standard roll film back.

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »
Ed:

Hope you post s few shots ! that would be great to see. 

On my 220 back the inner lock is broken.  to get the roll film back off I have to unscrew the plate on the bottom and jiggle the inner lock.

Time for a new back, but the polaroid back has such pleasing results I haven't fretted to much. I may even take  out one of my last boxes of 665 !!

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »
I'm still uneasy about 'wasting' 60% of the film every time I take a picture, but the results are excellent and it's a fun process (although isn't everything to do with instant photography quite a lot of fun!?), so I'm sure I'll get over it.

Only have colour film at the moment, so won't be doing any b/w for a while which is a shame as I'd like to try out some nasty, grainy stuff a la Skj (the master of the funky Polaroid).

Am away on holiday next week so hope to return with some images worth posting here.