Author Topic: You knew you were in trouble when....  (Read 2238 times)

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
You knew you were in trouble when....
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:47:56 AM »
When I left my 665 prints out on top of the car and have it starting to rain. Good thing for fresh fixer sticks and having one with me then. I love that smell so much...hello o ooo.

When I spent $150.00 on Spectra film last week when I can't even pay my cell phone bill...

When I ripped the corners off of my exchange print for my partner...uh oh, I was taking it out of a frame. None to worry, back up...for reala.

When I bent a freshly taken SX70 photograph last night that developed blobs and can't ever be taken again. It was a masterpiece. I threw it away...

When I think of the times when Time Zero/SX70 film was widely available and myself purchasing gads of it and blowing it on REALLY dumb shit. I kick myself everyday...that didn't say lick either. See me next week...

You get the idea. Play with me. Er, you knew you were in trouble when?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:50:04 AM by The Beck »
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
Re: You knew you were in trouble when....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:43:48 AM »
i remember wasting an entire pack of 85 taking pictures of my computer monitor...
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »
I knew I was in trouble when waking up the morning after spending several hours at the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew, where I found some really great subjects, and realising why the wind-on felt so easy.

I hadn't loaded any film. :'(
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:44 AM »
I knew I was in trouble when, during a family holiday to a west country farm, in those difficult adolescent years, Farmer Smith caught me sneaking into the barn late at night to see my new found love, Flossie.  What can I say?  the luscious white blonde curly wool, those doughy eyes .... erm (cough)

Have I gone too far?
L.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
I hadn't loaded any film. :'(
Did the same thing at Niagara Falls... Boy did Kodak improve their film fans... they wind so easy now  :(

Anybody ever mis-read the dilution instructions for D-76... boy were those pictures weak and hard to print...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »
I knew I was in trouble when, during a family holiday to a west country farm, in those difficult adolescent years, Farmer Smith caught me sneaking into the barn late at night to see my new found love, Flossie.  What can I say?  the luscious white blonde curly wool, those doughy eyes .... erm (cough)

Have I gone too far?

Not if you took pictures.

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »
i knew i was in trouble when the shutter on the ansco shur shot box camera sounded a bit too quiet...because it wasn't opening!

william
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:47:41 PM by formica »

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 09:43:54 PM »

Have I gone too far?

Oh my. You know, Leon, that sort of activity is illegal here in the states. Did you take pictures? Hahaha....
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine