Author Topic: Weekend February 24th - 26th 2023  (Read 1233 times)

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Weekend February 24th - 26th 2023
« on: February 24, 2023, 05:20:22 PM »
Lately I've been revisiting an area where I haven't been for a few years. It's almost an hours drive, but well worth it because of the diversity of the landscape.

Contax RX / Yashica ML 35mm 1:2,8 / Kodak T-Max 400 in Adox XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend February 24th - 26th 2023
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 08:25:46 PM »
Loving the subtle tones in those 2 shots Kai
A couple of portraits - one of my son and the other of a random stranger who I asked to pose using the recently acquired 270mm Rodenstock Rotelar F5.6.
ID11 and FP4

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 09:39:48 PM »
Nice start kai and Irv!  This is my contribution to 2023 International Brownie Camera Days.  Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash with a No. 13 Kodak Close-up Attachment.  Fujifilm Across 100 II developed in Beer (Rainier Beer).

This roll of film was a big disaster, I was lucky to get this shot out of it.  About half way through the roll I was at the park with Rachael taking the shot below when the back fell off the camera.  I'm not sure how that happened, I think the latch caught on the bag when I was taking it out.  Imagine my surprise when the back landed on the grass while I was framing a shot.  Luckily I was down low to the ground and it landed on the soft grass.  I quickly put the back on and advanced a few frames and took this shot.  Later on a flash bulb didn't fire, so I lost that shot.  In total I lost 6-1/4 of the 12 shots.  Rachael was a good sport about it though.

Rachael at the Park by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 12:44:32 AM »
A little experimental portraiture from this week. HP5+ 4x5 sheet. Single exposure (I had a friend hold a vortex filter about 10 cm away from the lens).

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 03:15:24 PM »
Nice start kai and Irv!  This is my contribution to 2023 International Brownie Camera Days.  Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash with a No. 13 Kodak Close-up Attachment.  Fujifilm Across 100 II developed in Beer (Rainier Beer).

I hadn't realise it was Brownie month. I will have to get busy with my camera over the remaining few days.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 03:34:18 PM »

This roll of film was a big disaster, I was lucky to get this shot out of it.  About half way through the roll I was at the park with Rachael taking the shot below when the back fell off the camera.  I'm not sure how that happened, I think the latch caught on the bag when I was taking it out.  Imagine my surprise when the back landed on the grass while I was framing a shot.  Luckily I was down low to the ground and it landed on the soft grass.  I quickly put the back on and advanced a few frames and took this shot.  Later on a flash bulb didn't fire, so I lost that shot.  In total I lost 6-1/4 of the 12 shots.  Rachael was a good sport about it though.
Wow, you're lucky that something good came out of that roll.
I must admit that on some Hawkeyes the locking lever can be unsettlingly loose...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 03:39:11 PM »
Lately I've been revisiting an area where I haven't been for a few years. It's almost an hours drive, but well worth it because of the diversity of the landscape.

Love the rock photo.
Now you have to explain me something: I've always thought that Norway was a snowy country?
Here we're digging through the stuff with a snowy day every week. And when it's not snowing, we're freezing under -20 temperatures... And yet we're not as far north as you are.
Francois

EarlJam

• Sheet Film
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 04:46:06 PM »
Here in Southern California, we're having our biggest storm in 30 years. So, another from the archive, 50 years ago last month (with some snow for Francois :)).

Fujica ST701, 55/1.8 (I think), Kodachrome

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 06:29:41 PM »
Now you have to explain me something: I've always thought that Norway was a snowy country?
Here we're digging through the stuff with a snowy day every week. And when it's not snowing, we're freezing under -20 temperatures... And yet we're not as far north as you are.
I guess that' the effect of the Gulf Stream. It's what stops us from freezing our bananas off too. All hail the Gulf Stream I say.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2023, 08:41:40 PM »
It really does it's job.
I guess that the continental climate we get around here is what we all signed-up for...
I checked the weather last night and it was about as cold as in Omsk...
Francois

rotarysmp

• RotarySMP
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2023, 08:59:22 PM »
Bo is my sisters dog. Very poorly trained basset.

I am getting a lot of light leaks in my Instafrankenroid. I think it is telling me it is time for a V2.0 hack job.
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2023, 10:16:24 PM »

Love the rock photo.

As Peter said, the Gulf Stream heats most of the Norwegian coastline. I shot these last week and this is less than a hundred yards from the shoreline. Here we can go through a whole winter without seeing snow. So far this season we've had one week with five cm of snow before it rained away. Now it's around 6 to 8C pluss and the lawns are green. If you go up into the mountains here you will find lots of snow. But on the coast weather changes quickly and some years it might snow in April. There's a saying here that it is not uncommon to experience three different seasons in one day.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2023, 02:10:46 PM »
Here, it's common to say that we only have two seasons: heating oil season and bug repellent oil season 😁
Francois