Author Topic: Weekend - Christmas 2021  (Read 1160 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Weekend - Christmas 2021
« on: December 24, 2021, 05:23:19 PM »
My annual rotating Christmas tree Polaroid.  Photographed with a Polaroid Automatic 100 Land Camera using Fujifilm FP-100c.  I’m down to my last film pack so this may be the last year for this.  Not sure what I’m going to do with my pack film gear after that pack is gone. 

Rotating Christmas Tree 2021 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Closeup with some camera movement. 
Rotating Christmas Lights by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Weekend - Christmas 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 06:07:10 PM »
The rotating tree has been a highlight for sure. Sorry to see it end. Maybe a different film will be just as nice. I'm still trying to let go of the Polaroid 250 in the closet.
Here are a couple shots from this week.
Bronica S2a
Nikkor 50 and Nikkor 200
Tri-X in 510 Pyro

Santa season by James Harr, on Flickr

Balboa Park by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 09:31:12 PM »
My annual rotating Christmas tree Polaroid.  Photographed with a Polaroid Automatic 100 Land Camera using Fujifilm FP-100c.  I’m down to my last film pack so this may be the last year for this.  Not sure what I’m going to do with my pack film gear after that pack is gone. 
You can always modify it to take 4x5 film.
I've done that on a Colorpack and it works... albeit at the cost of rebuilding an entire camera back.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »
Since we're talking Polaroids, here are two from last summer shot on the experimental One Instant from Supersense. Shot with a Polaroid 600SE, the first with a Mamiya Seiko 5.6/150 and the second with a Mamiya Seiko 5.6/75.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 03:08:32 PM »

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 12:19:14 AM »
Ooh! If we're talking Polaroids, I have a question/problem. I pulled out my Polaroid 100 (generously donated by Adam) after probably 2-3 years of not using it, and wouldn't'cha know it, the shutter is stuck 😢 I replaced the batteries (AA conversion ... there was some nice corrosion there too, that I cleaned up), but that didn't help. Anything else I can try before throwing up my hands?

Here's a negative scan from a while back on FP100C:

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 02:35:06 AM »
I don't know a thing about Polaroid shutters, but my usual approach is to unscrew lens elements until I get to the blades, then clean with lighter fluid, and gently rub in some powdered graphite on with a Q-tip. This works 99% of the time, in my experience.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 02:41:28 AM »
That's certainly excellent advice, and I've done it before, but my problem is that removing lens elements is no problem, nor cleaning blades, it's putting it back together that kills me every time 🤣

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 12:40:44 PM »
The shutter on these cameras is mechanical and not dependent on batteries. I did a quick search and found this online:

"Its happened to me before and i had to adjust the shutter release cable. Its easy to do, on the back of the shutter housing you will see a small metal plate where the metal clad shutter cable enters. There are 3 screws, just lightly loosen the bottom ones....the top one you can leave as that is one of the screws that holds the shutter housing together.
Loosen those screws just a little until you can move the cable in or out of the housing. I suspect you will need to push it in a little bit as the pin may not be tripping the shutter. just move the cable forward a little, you will here it click as it does because of the metal shield. Tighten the screws and test it again and adjust as needed.
If you push it in too far the shutter will trigger but you'll find the lever sits about half way so if that happens pull it back out a bit.
If you pull it out to far the shutter won't trip at all."

Hope this helps. Also check that the release cable has not been damaged.

Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/