Author Topic: Mayday ... May Day weekend  (Read 3201 times)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Mayday ... May Day weekend
« on: May 03, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »
Double, or in parts triple exposure. What can happen when you start a roll in one camera, finish it another, and then also forget that frame 1 and 2 overlap.
Just me at the bench, with a tiny, tiny washing machine just in front of me.

2018_2019_acr_01 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Hassleblack 3, Acros.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Mayday ... May Day weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 04:22:16 PM »
I'll continue the partial double exposure theme, and pimp my new 360o panorama photo essay with this one here:

Read full details about how I shot it in the photo essay thread. Shot on expired Extachrome 160T in a Holga WPC.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »
Single exposure from me, a small comment on the state of this planet.

Contax 645 / Zeiss Distagon 35mm f3.5 / Rollei Retro 400S in Rodinal
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 04:45:26 PM »
Love the post apocalyptic shot Kai :)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 05:09:40 PM »
Sandeha, you look really busy in that shot.  I suppose you wash one sock at a time in that little washing machine. 

Satish, I like how those panoramas came out, I saw the others in your essay.  I would have thought advancing half a frame would have made it look more like a jumbled double exposure mess. 

I posted in the "I just made/fixed" thread how I hacked my MIKAS microscope adapter to accept my Bronica ETRSi.  These are from my first roll with that setup.  The film is Fujifilm Acros 100 developed in Beer.  There's a photo of this towering setup on top of my microscope here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/60348236@N07/33865539458/

Mosquito Head by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Tracheil Tube of Silk Worm by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 05:30:03 PM »
There's a photo of this towering setup on top of my microscope here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/60348236@N07/33865539458/

Wow, that's quite a setup! At least you can look straight into the Bronica instead of climbing on a ladder to look down on it :D

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 05:52:55 PM »
There's a photo of this towering setup on top of my microscope here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/60348236@N07/33865539458/

Wow, that's quite a setup! At least you can look straight into the Bronica instead of climbing on a ladder to look down on it :D
When I figure out how to do 4X5 I'll either need a ladder or I'll have to put it on the floor. 

EarlJam

• Sheet Film
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 06:22:46 PM »

When I figure out how to do 4X5 I'll either need a ladder or I'll have to put it on the floor.

There's a Graflex SLR in your future . . .

EarlJam

• Sheet Film
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:57:19 PM »
I made the mistake, recently, of browsing my local used camera shop and ended up coming home with a Canon New F1. I used one of these extensively in the early to mid 80s, for a medical training filmstrip series. Thinking back, I shot exclusively Ektachrome and almost always indoors with flash. It's going to take a while to learn how the Canon lenses and coatings work in daylight.

Canon New F1, 50/1.4, Kodak Gold 200

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »
Great start, everyone! That panoramic is awsome!

We went on a short trip to the Netherlands after Easter. Between eating ice cream and building sand castles (and frantically digging for my wedding ring that slipped off my finger while building sand castles - my wife found it again), I managed to squeeze in a couple of pinholes with the Zero 2000.

Converging Poles

Breaking Waves

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 10:43:52 PM »
Daughter and grandson -- HP5 @800 dr5 b&w reversal processing / Zeiss Jena Biotar 58mm Pentax SV

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 10:47:00 PM »
I posted in the "I just made/fixed" thread how I hacked my MIKAS microscope adapter to accept my Bronica ETRSi.  These are from my first roll with that setup.  The film is Fujifilm Acros 100 developed in Beer.  There's a photo of this towering setup on top of my microscope here:

Looks like your mosquito just had an "accident"  ;D
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 02:13:16 AM »
Cocoa Pod on 4x5! Gonna make some little contact print postcards sometime soon.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 04:11:43 AM »
I posted in the "I just made/fixed" thread how I hacked my MIKAS microscope adapter to accept my Bronica ETRSi.  These are from my first roll with that setup.  The film is Fujifilm Acros 100 developed in Beer.  There's a photo of this towering setup on top of my microscope here:

Looks like your mosquito just had an "accident"  ;D
They are fragile little things.

Earl, don't think that Graflex didn't cross my mind but I'm going to try to make it work with a camera I have.  There are 4x5 microscope cameras but they are kind of expensive and often missing parts. 

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »
I made the mistake, recently, of browsing my local used camera shop and ended up coming home with a Canon New F1. I used one of these extensively in the early to mid 80s, for a medical training filmstrip series. Thinking back, I shot exclusively Ektachrome and almost always indoors with flash. It's going to take a while to learn how the Canon lenses and coatings work in daylight.
It's great that you got yourself an F-1. I've been using a second generation Canon F-1 (the old F-1 but with the film patch holder on the back and the shorter advance lever throw) for some time now and I simply love it. I think that it's very underrated (so is the New F-1). And I really like the Canon FD glass. What lenses do you have?

EarlJam

• Sheet Film
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »
It's great that you got yourself an F-1. I've been using a second generation Canon F-1 (the old F-1 but with the film patch holder on the back and the shorter advance lever throw) for some time now and I simply love it. I think that it's very underrated (so is the New F-1). And I really like the Canon FD glass. What lenses do you have?

Right now, I just have the 50/1.4. I found a 35/2.8 and 200/2.8, both of which should arrive next week, and will pick up a 100/4 macro from my shop on Monday. Long term, I'll probably add one more wide, either a 20mm or 24mm. Anything else I should look for?

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 09:20:07 PM »
Right now, I just have the 50/1.4. I found a 35/2.8 and 200/2.8, both of which should arrive next week, and will pick up a 100/4 macro from my shop on Monday. Long term, I'll probably add one more wide, either a 20mm or 24mm. Anything else I should look for?
The 85mm f/1.8 is brilliant, especially if you like to take portraits. It's incredibly sharp, even wide open. Also, the 28mm f/2.8 is really cheap but a nice lens. However, if you already have a 35mm, investing into a 20mm or a 24mm is probably the better option.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 12:15:33 AM »
Nice shots this week! I like that pano Satish, the desolation in Kai's shot is a bit withering, but made up for in the family shot by Hookstrapped.  :D

I have an ambush predator living in my house. Seriously, if you can see him it's already too late to scream.
Nikkormat FTn
HP5+
My-tol 1:3

Nikkormat-HP5-009 by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »
First of all: I know that I keep repeating myself but the amount of quality shots on this forum is breathtaking. I actually like every single shot this weekend: Satish's 360° panorama which is a thing of beauty and I challenge you, Satish, to bring out a Zine in some odd format (3:1) to present those awesome panoramas; I also like Kai's haunting observation of how people treat our planet; Bryan's microscope work is fantastic; Earl's rose is a great start into his new Canon F-1 life; I'm a huge fan of Manuel's pinhole shots and I do think he should take more of them instead of fiddling with his Leica ;) ; Peter's family portrait is adorable in every way (I particularly like the lighting and composition); Ryan's 4x5 still life is very nice; James' predator pic is very cool!

I'm really late for the party and I only have two shots with my Bronica SQ-A on Ilford HP5+ at box speed. I was on an outing in the Harz outland during very interesting weather conditions to try out some filters (I need to re-familiarise myself with the filters before I go to the Peak District for some serious photography ;) ). The first shot I took with a red filter to accentuate the spooky rainy sky and the second one I shot with a 2 stop hard nd grad filter (all shot without a tripod). I developed the HP5+ in Caffenol-C-H (RS).

Rain on the horizon by C S

Cloudy Harz outland by C S

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »
Amazing shots this week! Satish, those Ektachrome shots were Xpro, I'm assuming...

These two are from Saturday. Decided to use my Fuji GS645s and give the Bronica a bit of rest. Ilford Delta 400 stand-developed in Rodinal.

Untitled
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Untitled
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred