Author Topic: Weekend 30 March - 1 April 2018  (Read 2793 times)

cs1

• Self-Coat
Weekend 30 March - 1 April 2018
« on: March 30, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »
There's no weekend thread yet! Someone needs to do something about that! ;)

The following photos were taken at the St. Petri church ruin above Goslar in Germany. The church was built in ~1050 and was part of a monastery. It was destroyed in 1527 and a lot of the stones have been used for buildings in Goslar throughout the years. If you ever visit Goslar (it houses several Unesco World Heritage sites), make sure to find this spot which is off the beaten paths. I've shot the photos on my Zenza Bronica SQ-A with the Zenzanon 80mm f/2.8 using a yellow filter. Shot on Fomapan 100, developed in Caffenol-C-H (RS).

St. Petri (1) by C S

St. Petri (2) by C S

St. Petri (3) by C S

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
Re: Weekend 30 March - 1 April 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »
Perfect start to the thread! I'm listening to some 80s Gothic Rock/Darkwave mix and the photos go very well with the music.

This one was taken with my EOS Elan 7 and the 50mm 1.8. I stacked up 3 ND filters I borrowed from Satish, and the exposure time was around 6 seconds. Fomapan 100, stand developed 1:100 in Rodinal. This was also my first attempt at using an ND filter for a B&W long(ish) exposure, so there's that.

Smooth
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

This is a photo I took of my cousin Diana while we were having brunch. We purchased one of those "unlimited cocktails" deals, and this is her face after the waiter asked if she wanted another cocktail. Portra 400.

bitch please_
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Have a good weekend! Warmer weather ahead.

Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
From a first foray into large format pinhole work.

Arcot Lake pinhole
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Intrepid 4*5 + pinhole, TMax 100, HC110

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »
Some real colour this week........

Contax N1 / Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.0 / Kodak Portra 400
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »
A bit more 'real' colour, but not as subtle.  Last weekend, out with some old Superia 200 and a Meniscus lens on a 35mm camera.

180324_sup_07 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

180324_sup_13 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

180324_sup_14 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Tensions are high over this Brexit nonsense, and it's going to be a busy summer.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »
My wife wanted to see the Chicago River turn green for St. Patrick's day so we took a long weekend there.  These were shot with a Leica IIf using an un-coated Elmar 5cm lens.  The film is Ilford Delta 100 developed in beer.  I did take color photos of the river turning green but they're on rolls that are still in my View-Master camera and an 8mm movie camera.

Merchandise Mart by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

That's me in the lower right with a camera to my face.  My wife is standing next to me, she's cold an not amused that I'm taking stupid pictures. 
Chicago Skyline Reflection by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Dolos by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »
Some color from me as well, from the recent roll of Portra 160, of the Spanish Revival-style auditorium at our local high school. Nikon F2, Nikkor-O 35/2.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:15:36 PM »
Last weekend in Sidmouth (south coast of UK).

Agfa APX 100, FD10, Contax 139 and some Zeiss lenses...

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
There is a community garden next to where I live, part of the year, in Cantanhede, Portugal.  It’s an excellent place for bird observation—someone important to me likes to do this—so we wandered over about an hour before sunset one day last week.  I found the light and subject matter fascinating.  (The important person spotted one or two life-list birds as well.)  Since it requires almost no effort and is very rewarding, it’s likely that I will spend a fair amount of time, hanging out in the Cantanhede Horta da Miserecordia.  The next time, I will bring a medium format camera.

Yashica Electro 35, Fomapan 100 @ asa 400, RO9 1:100, 30 minutes, semi-stand

Cantanhede, Portugal by William Blackstone, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 12:29:33 AM »
Finally, Spring is beginning to make itself known around here....
Some color with a Zenit 122 kindly sent by Chris.
I'm beginning to like the Zenits more and more...they are a bit "industrial" as I have read, but quite functional in a just get the job done kind of way that I like.

Lens was a 50mm Pentacon 1.8.
Kodak Gold 200

I usually get punchier color from Kodak Gold 200, but this was a drabbish day and I really wanted to play with the camera so there it is...

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
And now for something completely different ... a photo NOT taken by me ;D I was shooting a friend's gig, and he asked me to come up and play, so I put down my camera (Pentax ME Super) and picked up my horn to play. Unbeknownst to me, one of my "superfans" (yes, I actually have superfans ::) ) grabbed the camera and fired off a quick shot. He must have done it completely stealth and fast, because I didn't see him do it at all. So here it is, don't ask me why I watermarked it ;) It was just in that batch of gig photos, which I always watermark because you can never trust musicians to give you credit ;) I know, I'm a musician :D

Pentax ME Super, in-date Kodak Gold @1600, cooked in a 100o C41 broth for 5 minutes.

(mods please add to "most photographed Filmwaster" count ;) )

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 10:49:07 PM »
I shot this roll of expired Ektachrome in my Bessa 6x9 and dev'd it in my DIY C-41 chems. I loaded these two photos up to Flickr and they both got selected by the Explore Bot that day. So I think I found 'the formula' that I will avoid in the future. Anyway, here's some color sprocket loveliness.

Green Flash Grill by James Harr, on Flickr

Green Flash by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 11:05:35 PM »
They both deserve to be "explored" fwiw  ;) How do you scan with the sprocket holes? I use a Epson V500 holder and that doesn't let you scan the sprockets...

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 10:40:57 AM »
Don't use the holder!  Best I've done was just putting a small sheet of picture frame glass onto the platen, taping the ends of the neg if necessary.  But I've also just put the neg strip down and put glass over it - with my shots it didn't seem to affect the focus much.   ;)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »
The lomo digitaliza also can scan the sprockets (but it cuts a bit in the film edge)
But in the end if I need a good job, I just use my contraption that uses a sheet of anti reflection glass and thin rubber feet.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 12:24:44 AM »
On the Maundy Thursday I went down to the Amberley museum as I didn't particularly want to go walking on a day when it might rain lots (and actually did). Took the Spotmatic F and discovered when I developed the roll of Fujicolor 200 and Kodak ColorPlus I shot that I had real problems nailing focus in places - maybe when I get new glasses that'll improve, but that focusing screen is not that distinct when you're close but no cigar.

All aboard for Bungalow Town by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

Sometimes I got it right, though

Narrow-gauge points by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 06:54:37 AM »
They both deserve to be "explored" fwiw  ;) How do you scan with the sprocket holes? I use a Epson V500 holder and that doesn't let you scan the sprockets...
Thanks Satish. I just put the neg down on the glass and close the lid. I use a V600. The focus might not be as sharp as it could be with a proper holder, but perfection has never been one of my requirements, in case you hadn't noticed. :)
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 12:37:24 AM »
Thanks Satish. I just put the neg down on the glass and close the lid. I use a V600. The focus might not be as sharp as it could be with a proper holder, but perfection has never been one of my requirements, in case you hadn't noticed. :)

That's how I scan my 30cm-long 120 negs :D Good to know it works for 35mm too. Although I really should get some anti-Newton glass like Francois. Last time I looked into that I was put off by the price, but now I have a dayjob so my perspective may have changed ;)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »
Do like I did. Shop for framed artwork at thrift stores and look for antireflective glass. Unless it's the totally unaffordable museum quality glass, it will be just some a.n. glass of the type you need.
Francois

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »
Do like I did. Shop for framed artwork at thrift stores and look for antireflective glass. Unless it's the totally unaffordable museum quality glass, it will be just some a.n. glass of the type you need.

Is that all it is? I thought ANR glass looked like ground glass. Also, how did you cut the glass down to fit your scanner? I remember trying to cut some glass a long time ago, using a glass cutter of some sort, and ending up with a floor coated with shattered glass ;D

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »
I just took it to a place where they fix windows. They have all the stuff to do the work and for such a small job the fee should be minimal. I was lucky when I got it done because it was the middle of winter and the guy behind the counter was bored stiff (who replaces windows in the middle of a Canadian winter?). He did the job for free when I told him my plans. He even sanded the edges and rounded the corners!
Francois

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 09:50:42 PM »
OK, I shot this on the Maundy Thursday but only got around to developing them today. Shot on Ilford HP5+ in a 1950s Franka Rolfix II camera. The camera's a bit of a pain, in that there's no way of gauging focus. I use one of those old Russian rangefinders which on most cameras clip into the shoe, but the Rolfix doesn't have a shoe, so I have to put the camera in pocket or bag, take out the rangefinder, get the focus distance, put the rangefinder away, get the camera and open it, set that on the lens, and so on.

It was a dreary day, so I was guesstimating exposure based on a vague sunny-16 plan.

This was in the Amberley Working Museum, which has an eclectic mix of stuff in that kind of way where you think unless they add newer old stuff the place will die out as the people who remember the really old stuff do.

Open top Bus by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

The Woodyard by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr