Poll

how do we make the Filmwasters Print Exchange more successful?

10 weeks is nowhere near enough time to get organised - we need much more
Some new members sign up then never revisit the site and dont send out their print.  There should be a minimum of involvement on the FW forum before people can join in the exchange
We should stop the exchange from being "blind" - this way all the chasing-up can be done by individual participants instead of all done by the main organiser
Should we carry on as normal and just accept that there will always be those who sign up then disappear without participating.
other suggestion (follow up with a reply please)
revert to a standard exchange where two people are paired up and told to exchange - it'sthen down to them to make sure they each get a print.

Author Topic: suggestions for future print exchanges  (Read 1755 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
suggestions for future print exchanges
« on: September 01, 2007, 02:28:53 PM »
This print exchange (round 3) hasn't gone too well.  We have passed the deadline, but there are a substantial amounts of prints outstanding.  So here are a few options that might make things work better in the future for your perusal - feel free to make more suggestions for discussion.  I really want this to work well, as, on the whole it does, but how do we make it better?  I know I've been too relaxed in keeping notes etc, so as from this round (3), I'm keeping records of all who participate and will try to make sure persistent non-senders do not participate in the future and also that you do not get people that you have already sent prints to.

I've set up the poll so you can have up to 6 choices - so you can vote one for each of you really want to.

cheers!

Leon
L.

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
Re: suggestions for future print exchanges
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 03:52:27 PM »
what about deleting non-senders from participating in the next round? That way they won't get a print, which is half the fun
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

db

• Peel Apart
    • portfolio
Re: suggestions for future print exchanges
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 03:26:42 AM »
 I prefer paired print exchanges rather than the mystery donation approach. Yes a print from anyone is  a nice surprise, and I've received some great work, but the picture means more to me when the exchange is mutual- someone who I'll have been in contact with via email, chatted about each others prints, and used the whole exercise to build community. It ensures the two take responsibility for the exchange rather than Leon following it up.