Author Topic: I inherited some interesting stuff over the weekend  (Read 1122 times)

GrainTrain

I inherited some interesting stuff over the weekend
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:10:26 AM »
My dad was cleaning out an old storage space and stumbled upon some pretty interesting cameras
20150426_195037 by staywa, on Flickr

20150426_194928 by staywa, on Flickr

20150426_194836 by staywa, on Flickr

20150426_193653 by staywa, on Flickr

Unfortunately, the Walzflex focus is broken (spins freely) but is in fantastic condition otherwise. Slow shutter speeds seem to be firing properly etc.

The Kodak Vigilant has me really excited, it is in beautiful condition. I just need to find some 620 film (or transfer some 120 onto 620 spools).

The Polaroid Sun looks as if it has never been used at all, it is in absolutely immaculate condition, I will most definitely be getting lots of use out of it. I've been wanting to try the new Impossible "2.0" 600 film.

Sadly, the shutter on the Ansco Lancer will not cock, but, it is an interesting find none the less. 

Flippy

• Sheet Film
Re: I inherited some interesting stuff over the weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
That problem with the Walzflex is common, I have one too with the same issue. The grease solidifies and the focus knob breaks loose.

I also used to have a Kodak just like that, but I gave up on 620 years ago. It is a neat camera though.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 10:12:35 AM »
I'm liking the look of that Ansco Lancer. great styling, and I bet it is a bit of a toy camera at heart.
L.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
Shame about the Walzflex, because it's an awesome name and I'm all about style over content  ;)

I have a Kodak something something 35mm which looks a lot like that Ansco lancer, but which doesn't even come close to the Ansco in terms of 'name coolness'. The Lancer is right up their with my faves: the Coronet Commander and the Coronet Captain (both of which I own and drop into conversation as frequently as possible). Clearly there was a lot of insecurity at the Coronet plant in Birmingham in the 1950's and 60's  ;D ;D

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 01:23:56 PM »
I have a Kodak Vigilant 620 similar to yours but its the non-junior model.  I think the difference is the lens and shutter, mine has the Anaston lens with focus and a flash sync shutter.  My model also has the shutter release on the body of the camera, it looks like yours is missing that.  It's a great camera, I just ran a roll through it a few weeks ago.  Re-spooling onto 620 reels is not a big deal once you get the hang of it.  When I got mine it was in the original box and looked like it had never been used, yours looks to be in similar condition.  If you don't have two 620 spools they are easy to get, I think FPP is making plastic ones.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »
Shame about the Walzflex, if it cannot be fixed.  I had one for a while and it was as good as any Rolleicord.

GrainTrain

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »
If you don't have two 620 spools they are easy to get, I think FPP is making plastic ones.

Thanks for letting me know, I had not even thought to check FPP. It looks like they are priced fairly reasonably too.

Shame about the Walzflex, if it cannot be fixed.  I had one for a while and it was as good as any Rolleicord.

Shame about the Walzflex, because it's an awesome name and I'm all about style over content  ;)

I'm hoping I can find someone within Canada that can repair it. I've been wanting to pick up a TLR that is smaller and lighter than my Flexaret, which the Walzflex happens to be. I will agree with you Ed, Walzflex just rolls off the tongue  ;D