Author Topic: New book on toy cameras  (Read 673 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
New book on toy cameras
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
While this is not necessarily new in a way, I must say it's being presented under a different angle this time.
The book is not about the photos taken with, but the cameras themselves. Here, you won't find a full book dedicated to Holga, Diana and such. But rather a book dedicated to the Voltron camera, the Snoopy camera and such. The quirkier the better.
Here the full link

http://petapixel.com/2014/09/19/novelty-camera-book-features-snoopy-voltron-lego-cameras
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

glitzamy

• 35mm
Re: New book on toy cameras
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »
While this is not necessarily new in a way, I must say it's being presented under a different angle this time. It is completely different.
The book is not about the photos taken with, but the cameras themselves. Here, you won't find a full book dedicated to Holga, Diana and such. But rather a book dedicated to the Voltron camera, the Snoopy camera and such. The quirkier the better.
Here the full link

http://petapixel.com/2014/09/19/novelty-camera-book-features-snoopy-voltron-lego-cameras

Wow these are sooo cute! Do you think the photos they take look as good as the camera though?  Then again, what can you expect from a toy camera right? Still so adorable though. I'd love to have my camera lookin like that cute cat camera.  :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:55:50 PM by glitzamy »
Life is short so capture it when you can.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: New book on toy cameras
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »
I must admit that the cat is pretty darn cute.
As for the image quality side of things, from experience it's usually pretty ordinary. When you look at the number of novelty and toy cameras out there, it's pretty amazing to see how few are actually special in the optics department.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.