Author Topic: Taking a Mamiya for a walk  (Read 1736 times)

johnha

Taking a Mamiya for a walk
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:16 PM »
Earlier this year I found an unexposed film in my Mamiya C330 Pro f (no idea how long it had been in there 2-3 years perhaps). In the past I'd have unloaded it and binned it before loading a fresh one, but having got reasonable results from expired film, decided to give it a go.

Normally I like to have a grand plan of what to shoot (possibly why the film had been in there so long...), I felt I needed some exercise so decided to go for a walk and not come back until I'd shot the whole roll. I've been a bit tardy and only jut got round to looking at the results.

There's evidence of light leaking at the edges, the film was exposed at the 'correct' ISO and developed & scanned commercially with only brightness/contrast corrections. Here are some of the results:

Eleven foot three by John Halliwell, on Flickr

Bridge Graffiti by John Halliwell, on Flickr

Lock 660 by John Halliwell, on Flickr

Post-box on a post by John Halliwell, on Flickr

Old Shack by John Halliwell, on Flickr

John.

johnha

Re: Taking a Mamiya for a walk
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
Thanks to those that have looked. I'm a bit concerned about the brightness/contrast when viewing these on another monitor, obviously it's subjective, but would anybody suggest any tweaks to these?

Thanks,

John.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
Re: Re: Taking a Mamiya for a walk
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
Thanks to those that have looked. I'm a bit concerned about the brightness/contrast when viewing these on another monitor, obviously it's subjective, but would anybody suggest any tweaks to these?

Thanks,

John.

I'm viewing on my phone and i think they look great, i put a roll of FP4 in my C330 a few months ago and it was too dark forgot all about it until i saw these

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »
Firstly, I really like the photos.

I'm viewing them on my works monitor in my lunch break and the over-riding impression I get is that they're slightly "green".  However, that is probably because my IBM Thinkvision screen is 10 years old and has never been calibrated.  I'll have another look on my Mac when I get home.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Also too much green for me, contrast and brightness looking fine. Very nice shots, especially #1, 3 and 4.

FiatluX

• Cookbook chef
    • The Caffenol Cookbook
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »
Definitely a green vignette, looks great tho!

johnha

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
Thanks for the comments. It was old/expired film that looks like it has fogged at the left/right edges (probably from being in the camera for so long). I can see the fogged edges look greenish, but I'm not sure about the rest(?) and wanted to maintain the character of the results on film.