Author Topic: Free Blurb ebooks  (Read 2652 times)

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
Free Blurb ebooks
« on: October 16, 2012, 03:43:17 AM »
I didn't even know it was free but here's part of the email I've received from Blurb:

"Creating an ebook for the iPad® on Blurb is free right now, but as of 18 October this trial period comes to an end and there will be a £4.99 conversion fee for each book file you publish as an ebook."

I've already converted the two books I have, pretty straight foward and haven't paid anything (yet...)
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Miller

• Sheet Film
Re: Free Blurb ebooks
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »
Good spot sir...

Mlr
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
I (with the help of a friend who is a designer) have been trying to convert my book to an ebook but can't. I keep getting a message that says "an internal error has prevented Blurb Book Creator from preflighting your documents".

Any suggestions?

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
That's strange... I have 2 books, one made with Blurb software and the other one done with PS In design and both worked well. Only thing I had to do was change the fonts. Try posting your problem in the Blurb forum.
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
We used InDesign to create my book and have tried repeatedly to convert it to an ebook with no luck.