Author Topic: Fujipet Thunderbird questions  (Read 744 times)

ReverseSquiggly

• 35mm
Fujipet Thunderbird questions
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Thunderbird and 120 film in general, so I apologize in advance.

I've been thinking about getting a Fujipet Thunderbird for awhile now. The one thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the fact that I don't have access to a darkroom, so I'd have to mail the film somewhere to be developed. Anyway, I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask for all you Thunderbird owners.

What kind of film do you all use? The amount of choices is a bit overwhelming, considering I've mostly done Polaroid stuff in the past (where at this point there are only three choices for packfilm).

How rare are the red ones? Red is by far my favorite color on the Thunderbird, but I've only seen it very rarely.

Thanks for reading,
Francis

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
Re: Fujipet Thunderbird questions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »

Hi Francis! Welcome. All the possible information you could need, can be found here: Fujipet Home, with a little bit more here: Fujipet Review. But, to answer your question, with no dark room, I would be starting with a ISO400 C41 B&W or color. The XP2 Super is nice, though so is the Kodak TCN. Any color C41 would be OK too, but avoid slide film because of the tighter latitude.

Others seem to get nice results with slower film though. It depends on the look you want, and the prevailing light of course! Good luck. Skj.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:02:55 PM by Skorj »