Author Topic: Photography Event - Paraty em Foco, Brazil  (Read 750 times)

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
Photography Event - Paraty em Foco, Brazil
« on: September 20, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »
Hello all... !
Hadn't had time to check what's going on here in a while as I'm on holidays in Brazil.

Last week I travelled from Sao Paulo to Paraty, a tiny town about 300 km far from Rio de Janeiro and to my surprise, a 5 day photography event happened bringing photographers from all over the world. The event it's quite big, conferenceces with nacional and international photograpers, workshops and loads of exhibitions going late as midnight in this very prety town by the sea side which is listed by the goverment ( no cars allowed in the historic center ).

Here's the link if anyone is interested to check and maybe next year, if anyone is travelling in Brazil at this time I higly recommend spend a couple of days.

I'll post some pictures later...

http://www.paratyemfoco.com/en/
http://www.paratyemfoco.com/en/travel_planning/getting_there.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:31:55 PM by sapata »
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
Re: Photography Event - Paraty em Foco, Brazil
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

Cool ! I went to Paraty last year but it was a liquor festival that was going on ... Not a bad second ...

Unfortunatly I can't post the pics as I wasn't fully back on analogue then  :( :( :(

Have they resurfaced those roads yet ?  ;)

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
Re: Photography Event - Paraty em Foco, Brazil
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »

Cool ! I went to Paraty last year but it was a liquor festival that was going on ... Not a bad second ...

Unfortunatly I can't post the pics as I wasn't fully back on analogue then  :( :( :(
Cool... looks like there's always something going on that place. There're quite a lot digital going on there as well since most of the photographers were professionals, the good side was that most of the exhibitions were shot on film.

Have they resurfaced those roads yet ?  ;)

Ha! Those roads can't be touched...
I wonder how the horses would go around back in time... or imagine the guy trying to deliver milk !  ;D ;D

Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com