Author Topic: Photographica 2010, London: Rogues' Gallery  (Read 5105 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Photographica 2010, London: Rogues' Gallery
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »
As promised, a few candid snaps from the meet-up at Photographica in London last weekend. For some reason I don't seem to have a snap of Miles (sorry about that). The one of me I had to convert from colour because it was really dark.

Miller & Leon by either Ken or Peter

Ken by Leon                                    Peter by Leon                         Nigel by Leon

Ed by Leon
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:23:37 PM by ed.wenn »

Miller

• Sheet Film
Re: Photographica 2010, London: Rogues' Gallery
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
Yep, that's the look of high dosage medication drugs. I feel like a Mexican wrestler unmasked, well worth the visit even with a walking stick under the table.

Picked up a spare Nikon FE2 body (my fave 35mm camera), Polaroid timer and a close up for the Yashica 12. Total sum for all 52 GBP.

Nice to meet all on such a lovely day and nice to hear Ken was a fellow motorcycle rider.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:24:11 PM by Miller »
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »
Miller, I think you probably deserve some sort of award for venturing out in your delicate state and whilst under heavy sedation...mind you, it probably made my incessant chatter just that bit more bearable. I know Leon knocks back a valium or two every time we meet up :D

Peter kindly gave me some photo mags from the 50's and 60's before he left the show on Sunday and whilst leafing through them last night I spotted a 1996 ad for a tasty Yashica RF that I hadn't known about before. I'm now trying to track one down on evilBay...and to think there were probably several on show at Photographica if only I'd been on the lookout. Bah!

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:37:02 PM »
worra luvley bunch :)

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »

... I'll get my coat ...  :'(

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »

... I'll get my coat ...  :'(

You do however have a starring role in the video podcast segment about Photographica....the bit where we have a childish discussion about the weird German cam with the funny name, Fokaflex or Fochaflex? High point of the day  :D

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 10:39:43 PM »

Then we're all square  ;D

Doing some neg scanning, some great one's back when my children were nice (naturally, I jest ... hmmm ...).

Still missing loads though.

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »
Ah ha !

Proof of Pavlovian conditioned reflex theory, point a Trip at someone and they smile.  Ed & Leon after Photographica and being bullied by a French girl about taking her to Japan ...

Olympus Trip 35
Auto
Ilford FP4

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »
My Photograhica purchase was  Toyocaflex that I got from the Rocky's Camera's stall after spending ages looking longingly at a Canonet QLIII for far too long.  This is part of the first test roll back, XP400.  All a bit overexposed by looks like the camera is sound enough.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
Ah ha !

Proof of Pavlovian conditioned reflex theory, point a Trip at someone and they smile.  Ed & Leon after Photographica and being bullied by a French girl about taking her to Japan ...

Olympus Trip 35
Auto
Ilford FP4
Funny! Ed and Leon look like two kids who just did something "wrong" and are very proud of it  ;D
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 10:39:13 PM »
Miles, I think you may have done something that hitherto was thought almost impossible....you've taken a great portrait of Leon. Not that he isn't gorgeously dashing in person, but he's always maintained that he "doesn't take a good portrait"...I think this one's a cracker. You gotta hand to to The Trip....those babies do indeed deliver.

Lovely stuff.

Well done on the first Toyocaflex snaps too. They may be over exposed...it depends on whether you've had a go at the negs yourself. I assume these are neg scans from a lab? It might be that they haven't done them justice as we have previously discussed. Either way, you seem to be getting long fine with the camera and obviously enjoying the square format.

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 12:21:28 AM »

Cheers, I'm sooooo loving the square, I'll be masking 35mm next.

The Toyocaflex scans are not neg based but from my ropey old 9 y.o. flatbed of the mini prints the lab did.  Being a fool I double exposed some of them darn it.

It is a top pic of you and Leon, Asahi all round !

Ken B: eyes, I just do eyes.

• Sheet Film
  • In email, no one can hear you scream
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »
That was me fooling with someones new pocket dig, I was quite impressed at the wide view of the two lads Miller and Leon, I was sitting within 2-3 feet of Miller when I took it.

As reported elsewhere, I picked up a Zeiss Ikon, hopefully there will be samples later this week.

BTW Miller we made it to Spain and back on our bikes with no problems, it was a motorcyclists and photographers dream.
Age can weary me when it can keep the hell up

http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/

http://www.artybollocks.com/

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »
Miles - I have to congratulate you on making the impossible possible - even if I do now have an uncanny resemblance so Sonya from eastenders.

Ken - pocket digi?  It's a micro four thirds interchangeable lens "prosumer" high-end camera I'll have you know ;)
L.

• Sheet Film
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
Ken - pocket digi?  It's a micro four thirds interchangeable lens "prosumer" high-end camera I'll have you know ;)

Sorry Leon, I am typing on a Dell keyboard and quite often what I type is not what comes out of it.

So let me try that again micro four thirds interchangeable lens "prosumer" high-end  NON - FILM camera.

See what I mean damn Dell crap
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:48:06 PM by ken182 »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »
Miles - I have to congratulate you on making the impossible possible - even if I do now have an uncanny resemblance so Sonya from eastenders.

Hark at him getting all precious about his digital camera!!

2 questions:
  • Is it digital?
  • Does it fit in your pocket?

I rest my case.
 :D

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 09:04:15 AM »
you two dont know what you are talking about.  These new fangled digital machines are incredible.  One day they'll outsell your stone age silver technology film stuff - you mark my words. I've seen the future.

Picture link from wikipedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/90/Quicktake_200_front.jpg/691px-Quicktake_200_front.jpg
L.

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
oooh, pretty rainbow colours, i'm in!
:)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
I once had my picture taken by one of these new fangled things way back in University. They connected through the weird Apple bus connector and gave me a fat nose  ;D

I still have the floppy disk with the image somewhere in my office.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

• Sheet Film
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »
You kids being seduced my all that colour and movement, it will only ever end in tears (or annual camera fairs)