Author Topic: I got some expired film back from the lab today...  (Read 1297 times)

bfreunds

• 35mm
I got some expired film back from the lab today...
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:22 AM »
This was shot on some extremely expired, im talking 35 years expired, Kodak 100 speed negative film I bought at the Pasadena Camera show for $1.  I'm just please something came out in development.  On a few of the shots you can see results from the DIY splitzer that I created from the Holga lens cap, it ended up working quite well.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: I got some expired film back from the lab today...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »
This is why film rules. It's great to have fun with old film like this. Obviously it can be hit and miss, but you certainly lucked out this time.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
I'm always happy when colors don't come out muddy on expired stuff. I love the unrealistic feel of it all.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:02:52 PM »
This is why film rules. It's great to have fun with old film like this. Obviously it can be hit and miss, but you certainly lucked out this time.

Agreed ! And because you don't know what's going to happen until you get it processed, doesn't it make things more  exciting ?

I'm not against digital but you don't get this feeling even with a ?10.000 digital camera !
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
I think I hear early 70s-themed background music as I breeze through this grooviness!  :)