Author Topic: The Annual Filmwasters Calender - submittal deadline Nov 13th.  (Read 1114 times)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
So then,  about a year ago i promised to be very organised and arrange a monthly event to choose  a picture for the calender.  About that time i was on garden leave waiting for the recession to take its toll and as such couldnt imagine a time id actually be busy again.

So apologies for the rush once again.....

So to explain a bit further for anyone who wasn't about last year.    We put together a calender of images from people who frequent this forum.  It was  not to make any cash as Filmwasters is wholly paid for by a short term/high interest loan "sharking" business as well as the usual drug smuggling and gun running operation -the plus side of this means the calender will be available through a print on demand webstore at cost.

Primarily this was an entirely selfish enterprise, each year I like a calender this is a great way to get some amazing images together.     The only downside of this is that I just select the 12 or so images I like best,   there is no voting process etc  (I did want to have more time so I could get people to vote on images and make it more of a group effort etc  but  I'm rubbish and don't have the time!!)

So.....  if you would like to get involved,  the guidelines are as follows:-

1) Please send up to 2 Images for consideration to Filmwasters@gmail.com
2) Please head email up "CALENDER" in the subject line. 
3) Please ensure you send low res images  - 72 dpi and 500 pixels at widest edge.  Files to be named with your name and title of image  eg " Damion Rice  -  Telescopes"
4) Please make sure you available to send a hi res version if requested.

Finally,    I apologise for the fact I couldn't sort out a democratic way of voting on images,  I don't want to sound like a tin pot dictator, but Ill simply choose the ones i like - rest assured though, I've been blessed with exceptional taste (ha!)   Just thought id re-iterate that last point in case people are not comfortable with me playing god!

Deadline will be 13th November which will leave enough time to sort out and also make it available in time for christmas!

Any questions,  please shout up here.

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
Re: The Annual Filmwasters Calender - submittal deadline Nov 13th.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
hello :)

can you pick any image at all (as long as it's film)...i mean it doesn't have to be one that you've posted up here?

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 12:24:12 AM »
hello :)

can you pick any image at all (as long as it's film)...i mean it doesn't have to be one that you've posted up here?

That's right, Vicky. Any image you want as long as it's on film/trad process & not digital.

CamerAsian

• privatize the profit, nationalize the debt
    • Prints of Darkness
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:14 AM »
Extension of deadline not possible?