Author Topic: Black and White Photography magazines want new home - FREE!!!  (Read 1839 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
Black and White Photography magazines want new home - FREE!!!
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
Too late... Chops got there first. Sounds like he may end up with some duplicates though so maybe he'll have some going spare in the future.

I'm having a clear out and have decided my collection of B&W mags have to go. There are 90 (yes ninety) all together and it's a complete collection of every issue from number 1 up to October 2008 which is when I let my sub lapse. I paid a fair bit for some of the rarer ones to complete the collection but I'm willing to let them go for free so long as someone deserving gets them.

I'm not prepared to ship them - it would cost a fortune anyway - so limited to anyone who can come and collect them from Didcot in South Oxfordshire. Or I may be able to deliver depending on where in the UK you are. I often travel to South Wales, less frequently London and Birmingham areas. Occasionally elsewhere in the country. I never know in advance where I'm going to be so it would require somewhere I can drop them at a time to suit me.

If anyone's interested, let me know. I there are no takers, then they'll be on ebay.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:46:38 PM by Peter R »
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Re: Black and White Photography magazines want new home - FREE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »
Just to let you know..this is such a generous offer..and..with out any doubt I would buy a plane ticket just to come and pick them up..and sell a body part to do so..I have only been collecting these wonderful periodicals for about a year and can only dream that I will find some old copies..Hiow are you going to list them on ebay if that becomes a reality?..all at once or a bit at a time..thinking I may be able to afford the basic shipping if that happens..

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
Hiow are you going to list them on ebay if that becomes a reality?..all at once or a bit at a time..thinking I may be able to afford the basic shipping if that happens..

Haven't decided. I really want to move them on in one lot as I need the space so I'd probably list them in one lot with a collect only proviso. If they didn't go, then I might split them.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »
Hello all,

I have some 'swaps' of the magazines that Peter gave me.

So if anyone wants copies 70 (ish) to 90 they can have them.

Collection from Nottingham or Coventry.

Chops
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
HI..I would absolutely "love" to have these magazines...would you be willing to ship them? You could let me know the cost..prolly have to put them on a raft and send them in my direction...I am in the U.S....I have friends in London where they could be dropped but I don't know where you live so not sure of the possibility of that..

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 04:12:49 PM »
Diane is no longer taking the magazines, so they are free if anyone wants them?

Chops

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
Hi, Chops,

Do you have any idea how much they might weigh? I'd like them but I'm in Kent. If they're not too heavy and you wouldn't mind parcelling them up I'd be happy to pay for the postage.

Nigel

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »
Whereabouts in Kent nigel?  I live in Kent too. Just being nosey.
L.

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
Hi, Chops,

Do you have any idea how much they might weigh? I'd like them but I'm in Kent. If they're not too heavy and you wouldn't mind parcelling them up I'd be happy to pay for the postage.

Nigel

Probably around ten pounds in weight

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »
Hi Leon, in the sunny environs of Gravesend (not the most attractive area of the county), where are you?

Chops, I'll go for that if you don't mind. But if you get an offer where you don't have the hassle of taking them to the post office I quite understand. I'll leave it with you.

regards
Nigel

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website