Author Topic: Anyone going to Photo Nola?  (Read 2226 times)

lauraburlton

• Peel Apart
    • laura burlton photography
Anyone going to Photo Nola?
« on: October 18, 2008, 02:24:41 AM »
Susan, I know you will be there, so maybe i will see you again. Also i was wondering, does anyone know how much the portfolio reviews are? I was just informed that i am next on the wait list, and the opening is mine if i want it but i hope I don't have to sell a kidney to do it...

In the case that I do need to sell a kidney, do you think it is worth it?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:49:05 AM by lauraburlton »

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
Re: Anyone going to Photo Nola?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 06:18:30 AM »
Laura,
Indeed, I will be there teaching a workshop and also doing reviews.
The price for PhotoNola reviews is more than fair.--One of the cheapest of the US reviews at 425.00 for 8 reviews and a portfolio walk. I have been told that the unique thing about this review is that because it's small, most reviewers get a chance to see work from each attendee either via reviews or at the walk.
The list of reviewers is excellent. Let me know if you get in--hope to see you there!
Susan

lauraburlton

• Peel Apart
    • laura burlton photography
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:30:56 AM »
I did finally find the price online after much searching :) I think I will do it, i just need to hear back from Vanessa as i have an issue with paypal ( as in, i do not use them)
Right now i am trying to convince a friend that she should come with me, that way i can at least split the room cost :)  I am also trying to decide if i should stay there or my regular hotel. i can see advantages of both of course :)

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »
Laura, you should stay at the International House if rooms are available. I will email you and explain why...

SuzanneR

• 35mm
    • Suzanne Revy Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »
I'm signed up to go, but have to make the flight/hotel reservations. I've been worried that I may have to cancel for a variety of reasons, but it would be great to meet some of you if I make there.
Suzanne

Mark H

• 35mm
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:42:51 AM »
eat some gumbo for me.  Gumbo Ya Ya at Mr B's in the Quarter is fantastic!