Author Topic: This weekend...what was it that you shot?  (Read 3496 times)

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
This weekend...what was it that you shot?
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:28:12 AM »
Yet another. Didn't go out last, but today went searching for ghost towns in the mountains. Didn't really find anything except bikers and bars, but it was pretty. Nice and cool, as well. Some Polas here, still have a couple rolls to develop.
You?

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
Re: This weekend...what was it that you shot?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:09:43 PM »
Trying to do a transport project and these are most recent work I developed  last week.  Using a old Fuji 645 with a nice sharp lens. The third one is earlier but I thought it quite funny so i thought I would share. An ambitious window cleaner.  Also trying to get to grips with Lith printing  on the last one but nothing good enough to share yet.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:33:21 PM by eddie »

rdbkorn

• Error-Prone
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »
I went hiking in a forest/marine park that used to house a cement works. Images taken on HP5+ with a modifield Holga.

Paul

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:55 AM »
Nothing to show yet ... waiting for my Velvia to get back from the lab.

Shot my first roll of ttv through an Argoflex 75 viewfinder, with my trusty old Pentax ME.  Built an anti-glare contraption out of black foamcore and gaffer's tape and was ready to roll.  I enjoyed the perspective quite a lot.  Curious about the depth of field.  Can't wait to get the film back.  Christmas in September!

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
This was done on Thursday/Friday rather than the real weekend where I was too busy doing stuff.

The last picture is the "burned in" version of the picture above it. I wanted to have more detail in the highlights... slightly overcooked the rest of the picture so my goal for today/tomorrow is to get a properly balanced print. It's gotta be the next print, the first was too light, this one is too dark, next one is going to be perfect due to goldilocks theory!

Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:51:06 PM »
oooh pumpkins...can't wait to get one. i get one mid october and because the weather is so mild here it lasts by my front door until mid-march (uncarved).

one more shot from this weekend, finishing off a roll in my agfa b-2 cadet bax camera...

"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »
Hi Heather,

Did you double coat these? They look like they are. I've not found it helps - but then, I'm still using that new fangled Mike Ware potion...
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 05:42:57 PM »
Hi Heather,

Did you double coat these? They look like they are. I've not found it helps - but then, I'm still using that new fangled Mike Ware potion...
Yes these are double coated. The textured paper is some old Fabriano Watercolor Studio I had around and the darker, less contrast ones are Atlantis Silver Safe tissue (! it's weird stuff).

I don't use Mike Ware's formula. I use the more simple, less toxic traditional formula with ammonium ferric citrate (green). Yes that solution get a little bit of green fuzzy floating mould, you just fish it out by sticking a wooden disposible chopstick into the bottle, swirl it around so the green fuzzy floating mould island sticks to the chopstick, pull it out and throw it away. Any little bits left over have never given me any grief.

I've never fully understood the problems Mike Ware cites for the traditional formula - I've never had a cyanotype take 30 minutes to print/expose using a non-staining developed negative (I have one heavy-basefog coffee developed negative that did take that long to print but that's the exception). I've only ever had problems with the solution sitting on the surface of a paper if I've put way too much sensitiser on the paper in the first place (so you get tacky puddles of the stuff). I've not really had problems with the blue washing out of my prints since I started soaking the prints face down and I don't get stained highlights this way. It leads me to believe that Dr. Ware may have gotten frustrated with the original formula a bit too soon before learning how to work with it. No disrepect to him but I'm obviously going to put these points to him at the Siderotype Gallery show opening  on 3 October in Brighton... And maybe bring some examples of my traditional cyanotypes to show him. Uhh... end rant here. Sorry :)
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

traskblueribbon

• instant junkie
    • flickr stream
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »
Shot a few portraits of friends a the Bowling alley, with the Speed Graphic Aero Ektar beast on fuji FP 3000b instant packfilm. good times were had by all

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »
Wetplate Collodion on Aluminium.

tijeras

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 09:28:14 PM »
I built a small pinhole camera this weekend out of some oak scraps I had in the shop  and then took it out Saturday night....

Looks like I have a small light leak, but it's easy to correct.

Kodak 4x5 sheet film
f/205

1 hour exposure in the local pizza and beer pub  we astronomers go to after meetings.....
Il Vicino

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:40:51 PM by tijeras »

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »
finally managed to develop some film. Here are a couple that I liked. The urban graffiti one is destined to be a liquid light image...when time allows

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 03:44:10 AM »
Got my first ttv shots back.  Through an Argoflex TLR viewfinder with a Pentax ME and Velvia 100.  Fun times!