Author Topic: More p&s  (Read 1673 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
More p&s
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
I came across this when browsing ebabe recently

a Rollei Giro 70 WA. It's got a HFT lens in it which is the Rollei version of Zeiss T* coating so thought it might be OK. For ?10.50 it was mine.

I found myself in Gateshead on Monday so thought the Angel would be a good chance to try out the camera. This is a couple of the results. I would say it's on a par with my Yashica T Zoom. So now I've got two keep-in-the-car cameras, which is useful as I have two cars...

I love the two guys in the second picture who both look as though they'd rather be somewhere else.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: More p&s
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »
Peter, both snaps are lovely. I particularly liked the angle you chose for the first. The Rollei looks like a winner. Having recently bought a Ricoh GR1 on Leon's recommendation, it's good to see someone else hunting down quality P'n'S options.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:41:46 AM »
Indeed they are. Marvelous work really...
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:51:18 AM »
Nice! Like that first. Something about B&W in a P&S that gets me every time...

recently bought a Ricoh GR1 on Leon's recommendation,

Damn! You be getting kitted up then very nicely Ed. Though a P&S, I consider my GR to be  a step up from my otherwise full auto R1-type Ricoh. Something about that GR lens really shines in color or B&W... Enjoy!

(Articles on both the GR, a R-series can be found HERE.)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »
yes - particularly liking the first pic Peter.

How you getting on with the R-1 ed?  Skj - I really wanted a GR-1 but they're so good, they hold their prices well.
L.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »
I am indeed a raving numpty. I picked up a Ricoh R1 not a GR1 as previously stated. Sorry for the confusion, Skj. I would of course love a GR1, but the R1 was a steal at around GBP10.

Went to a gig with Damion yesterday so took the R1 along to that and it seemed to do the trick.